Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Edit problems After 3.52 update

delacloche

I'm experiencing a problem in connecting with Helix edit. Before the update I was able to double click on Helix edit after having booted up my Helix Floor and the connection was established within seconds. Now I just get a black screen telling me there is no device connected.  

I have tried the compatability tester and sometimes this will restore connection but the fix is not permanent.

The other thing I have noticed is that  there is now a noticeable delay in changing parameters within Helix Edit which I hadn't noticed before.

Can anyone come with a permanent fix for these problems?

• Upvote 1

And unplug usb-cable and reboot before uninstalling to prevent anything to be locked up. Also as pointed out, keep all default alternative in the installation wizard/just click ok.

Presume you are a Window user. If not, I heard there could be a risk on Mac that the old version does not uninstall and then giving problems. I'm not a Mac user so someone with that knowledge correct me and instruct how to uninstall the "shadow" installation  ;-).

/Per

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2023 at 3:17 PM, delacloche said:

I'm experiencing a problem in connecting with Helix edit. Before the update I was able to double click on Helix edit after having booted up my Helix Floor and the connection was established within seconds. Now I just get a black screen telling me there is no device connected.  

I have tried the compatability tester and sometimes this will restore connection but the fix is not permanent.

The other thing I have noticed is that  there is now a noticeable delay in changing parameters within Helix Edit which I hadn't noticed before.

Can anyone come with a permanent fix for these problems?

Mine is doing he same thing but my operating system is MAC Ventura. After exhausting many hours I believe I found the issue, Check on your windows machine if the helix driver is disabled.

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 7.53.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 7.24.07 PM.png

I definitely have this problem. I'm using Macbook Air, running Catalina OS with Intel processor. Had no problems with connecting when newly purchased and updated to rev 3.  No problem at all... I recently updated to Helix edit and HX floor 3.5. Now, 3.5 has all of the updated features and works well without connecting to a laptop. Connection to the laptop is very intermittent, however. Also, it may connect and I while in an editing situation, and the HX will disconnect, then HX Edit cannot find the Floor unit. I have tried 3 different USB cables and convinced its not these, or the USB socket on the laptop.  Help!

Thanks for any help you can offer.