Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using HX effects midi with Strymon Iridium

Biwic2112

I've been trying to figure out how to control my Strymon Iridium with my Hx Effect by utilizing the CC, alas, I'm a midiot and I haven't been able to figure out how. Is anyone using the Hx effect to use the Iridium's amp channels as a part of their signal flow? That's ultimately what I'm trying to do instead of relying on the effect processor's distortion pedals. I have the 1/4" trs- 5 pin midi cable.

"I can't get it to work!" doesn't tell us much.

What EXACTLY are you trying to do?

"I want to control XYZ parameter with my HXFX using (snapshots, footswitches, exp pedal, ???)

In addition to my HXFX I'm using (????) hardware.

What have you ALREADY tried (with detail)?

Where are you encountering a problem?

My computer and OS are ???

Have you employed a MIDI Monitor to see that the HXFX is sending what you THINK it's sending?

Have you read the Iridium manual (MIDI configuration details start around Pg 23, MIDI CC# Chart on Pg 30).

Have you read the HXFX Manual (Esp the Command Center section)?

Please respond to ALL of the above questions as they are ALL important and there are no dentists here. ;-)

• Upvote 1

What I'm trying to do is input a preset of my Iridium into an Hx effect preset's signal flow via midi.  Example, if I go to a preset that I want distortion on with my other effects, Id like the hxfx to tell my iridium to switch to the "punch" preset that I've made. I want to add a midi block for the "punch" channel from my iridium into my signal flow within the Hxfx preset. So ultimately, id like to control it with either a snapshot or a footswitch and i'd love to learn how to do both. 

What I have tried:

Set up my Iridium for receiving midi messages. At which point i reach a stage in the process where the manual states the iridium needs to receive a PC message which I haven't figured out how to do from the Hxfx. I've been reading up and trying to research this but I haven't found anything that's been the solution. 

I have gone into global settings in the hxfx to send a pc message but (at least to my mind) I'm not finding the Hxfx's manual to be useful in helping me figure out how to send the PC message to a Strymon pedal. 

I'm running into a focusrite 3rd gen scarlett solo and I'm using Windows 11. 

I have read the manuals in those sections, it's just not connecting in my brain. I have looked over the MIDI CC#s in the Iridium manual and ive set the CC parameters to what I think is correct and the Iridium doesn't respond to the settings I've entered.

Thanks for responding!

If you set Global Settings->MIDI/Tempo->MIDI Base Ch to 1 (or whatever the Strymon is set to) and Global Settings->MIDI/Tempo->MIDI PC Tx to MIDI or MIDI+USB the HX sends PC messages when you change presets.

Use this setting, connect both devices with a MIDI cable and to confirm that the Strymon changes presets with MIDI.

When it does reset Global Settings->MIDI/Tempo->MIDI PC Tx to Off and use Command Center to program the MIDI PC stuff you need.

• Upvote 1

On 4/17/2024 at 4:47 AM, Schmalle said:

If you set Global Settings->MIDI/Tempo->MIDI Base Ch to 1 (or whatever the Strymon is set to) and Global Settings->MIDI/Tempo->MIDI PC Tx to MIDI or MIDI+USB the HX sends PC messages when you change presets.

Use this setting, connect both devices with a MIDI cable and to confirm that the Strymon changes presets with MIDI.

When it does reset Global Settings->MIDI/Tempo->MIDI PC Tx to Off and use Command Center to program the MIDI PC stuff you need.

Thank you, I'll give that a try!