Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Change Amp Drive With A Footswitch On Pod Hd500x

Elmesclador

Hi, first of all, my english sucks, so im gonna try to do my best

Its possible to change the amp value of the drive with a footswitch on the pod hd500x ?

i've search all over the internet and all i've got is turn on and off effects and amps, but not how to change this. Please Help

Or have two similar amps set up a dual amps and then switch one on and the other off using a footswitch. Will get you to the Not Enough DSP prompts very quickly though.

There are suggestions on IdeaScale about being able to save and recall "sub-scenes" which if you think of a scene as being a combination of Amps and Effects, then a sub-scene is the set of settings for all the controls.... so switches would without having to reload the patch be able to change nut just amp settings, but all of the effects.

L6 would point out that the way to do this might be simply save a copy of the patch with tweaked Drive setting and switch to that, but you would loose Reverb and Delay trails and any effect setting changes made.

There is one more option which I know is a bit radical in the digital age..... turn the guitar volume down for less gain and turn it up for more.  Sometimes the simple old fashioned method is the best!

If you just need to have 2 specific levels of drive to switch between, I think the easiest thing to do would be to just create 2 identical presets, and then dial in the different amount of drive for each preset. That way you are really switching between two different patches, but it would audibly just amount to hearing an increase/decrease in drive based on which preset you stomp on.

I guess it's not possible to assign a button to act as Channel switch either?  The paradime of saved presets works well for some things. But I like to look at the board as bascially a replacment for the Amp and pedals. So on old school setup I usually have amoung my pedals a amp foot switch or A/B swtich (if going to different amp for gain tones). You can kind of mimic that with the dual amp.

phil_m has the best and easiest solution to use the expression pedal to morph between different amp settings.  You can assign up to 50 separate parameters to the pedal for simultaneous action.  I have set up patches like this where as I press the pedal I can increase the drive, adjust the tone stack, change the channel volume, increase the delay mix, and lower the reverb.  It is much better than simply changing amp channels...

If you really just want to have a channel A and B setup, you need to make a dual amp patch with your two models and assign them both to a FS. As one turns on the other turns off, so you switch channels and everything else remains the same.  Just uses more DSP than the expression pedal.