These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: M5 / M9 / M13

How do I make my new EX-1 control only my wah in a scene?
by sunvalleylaw on 2012-11-18 10:24:25

Hi all.  I am new to the M9.  I also got the EX-1 to use initially primarily with the wah models as I get to know my M9.  I have set up a scene with the filter/wah models first, distortion second, and reverb third.  Right now, my EX-1 seems to control the parameters on all three models.  I want in this scene for it to control only the wah, leaving the distortion and reverb as I set them.  How do I do this? I read a section in the advanced users guide that touches on it, but it doesn't make much sense to me. 

Also, I want to adjust how the EX-1 "sweeps" on the wahs.  Any hints on that?  I also found that section in the advanced users guide but would love some tips from users here.  I would like to make the wahs have as wide a sweep as possible.  I am inclined right now to like the vetta wah and fassel wah models better than the weeper, which seems very much on and off in terms of its sweep. 

Thanks!

Steve

Re: How do I make my new EX-1 control only my wah in a scene?
by sunvalleylaw on 2012-11-18 11:16:37

Ok, nevermind on the first question, but i am still struggling on the second question.  I read chapter 3, but don't seem to be able to access those settings on the M9.  Thanks for any tips!

Re: How do I make my new EX-1 control only my wah in a scene?
by phil_m on 2012-11-18 12:14:00

You can't adjust the sweep of the wah as in the response curve of the expression pedal. You can adjust the min and max (heel and toe) values though. To do that, you just bring up the wah effect on the M9, put the expression pedal to the heel position, change the position parameter for the wah. Move the expression pedal to the toe position and do the same. If you don't have the M9 set to autosave, you'll have to re-save the scene to keep the changes in the scene.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.