Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wet Dry Wet Setup

Tony335

Its really easy.  Just put whatever you want before the amp/cab and a split right after it.  Put all your delays, mods, reverbs, in the new path and nothing in the first path.  Take the clean path output to your amp and take the wet path output to your stereo cabs.  Adjust levels and mix as necessary to sound good in your setup.

Wet-Dry-Wet-1.png

• Upvote 1

@Radatats:

GREAT Diagram ..... now.... how would you do it with the 4 cable method. I want to be able to use my Friedman preamp for atleast the "dry" signal

you have your normal 4CM routing in path 1 with nothing after the amp (FX Loop) so the return to your amps FX Return is dry.  Now you have to duplicate your dry tone in path 2 using an amp/cab block.  Then add all your post effects and send that to your stereo rig.  You may be able to put a split after the FX Loop in path 1 and send that to path 2 with a cab block but I doubt it will sound right since it won't have your amps power section included. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Its really easy.  Just put whatever you want before the amp/cab and a split right after it.  Put all your delays, mods, reverbs, in the new path and nothing in the first path.  Take the clean path output to your amp and take the wet path output to your stereo cabs.  Adjust levels and mix as necessary to sound good in your setup.

Wet-Dry-Wet-1.png

cant seem to download the diagram... can you repost please

So the idea of a Wet/Dry/Wet setup is:

1. Front of the amp (usually) mono effects (e.g., Wah, compressor, distortion, phasor, Uni-Vibe, maybe Flanger) to into the amp model

2. The path after the amp (and optionally cab/IR model - depending on the configuration) is split into a dry path and a wet path

3. The dry path is sent to on amplifier, often in mono, and often a guitar amp (in which case there would be no cab/IR block in this path)

4. The we path has all the (usually) stereo after amp effects (e.g., chorus, maybe flanger, delays, reverb) and is sent to a stereo FRFR amp (in which case the cab/IR would be in this path).

5. Then you mix the wet/dry outputs in the air between the two amplifiers

Do I have this right? Is the purpose of this to separate the dry and wet paths into different amplifiers to spread them out, give wider depth, and to reduce mud and lost articulation that can result from mixing them in the box?

Hi All,

Can anyone help me with my lack of knowledge?

I want to run my Helix with JVM with 4CM and wet/dry/wet.

How can I get stereo output while still mic up my amp?

Is there a way to get the stereo output straight from Helix and only using 1 fader PA's mixer?

So my amp will be the dry signal and only using 2 fader on the mixer.

Cheers

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lvlaoabgptgc993/Capture.JPG?dl=0

• 1 year later...