Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pitch Shift/Whammy

syngen1790

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue.  On a couple of patches I have included a pitch wham at the beginning of the signal chain in order to change the pitch up an octave when pressing the expression pedal (like a whammy funnily enough!) but my issue is that I can still here the 'dry', unchanged guitar sound as well as the octave higher.  Is this something common, or would you need more detail of the patches?  It also occurs when I use the pitch shift to have an 'Eb' setting (dropping each note by a semi tone) like on some of the Glenn DeLaune patches.  I have the mix set to 100%, heel to zero, toe to 12 and the level to -0.5db.

I'm currently running a Gibson Les Paul in and outputting to a Matrix FR12.  I'm sure this is something simple.  I can give full details of the patches it affects, but happens in most of them.

Thanks all

Mark

There is currently a bug with the tuner. If you have recently unmuted it, try putting it back to muted to see if the dry signal goes away. If that's not it, a screenshot might provide some insight as tagmusenmagnus1 suggested.

Hi all, 

Can someone please tell me how to attach a picture to this thread? I'm that new to this I can't even work that out!!

Thanks

Hit the 'more reply options' button below the box where you type in text to respond to a message, then all should become clear.

Another way is to upload the image to an image hosting site (I don't use them so I couldn't tell you of a specific one) and then use the image button above the text box to paste the url from the image hosting site.

could be the way you have the mix set. Make sure the dry mix is all the way down. Also make sure the toe and heel position is set correctly. Other than that, the unit may just need to be updated. This will often fix little bugs like that.

Hope this works, picture attached of an affected patch.  I think the Helix is up to date and the mix is set to 100% on the whammy pedal.

Your bottom input needs to be set to "X None".  Right now you have a second guitar signal going into that input and that is causing the other "dry" signal to be heard.

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

I was having the same issue with the Whammy pedal....one dry guitar signal staying firm and the other effected by the whammy. It is a kind of cool effect but I wanted one guitar with the whammy effect and no dry sound. I did all of the above: top path set to output path 2A and then bottom set to X "none." I still get the second guitar signal. Then I noticed something weird.... I turned my volume on the Helix down all the way and there is still a guitar signal coming through which makes sense in why I have the whammy issue. Any ideas on how to get rid of that dry signal coming through when the volume is all of the way down? I am pretty sure that this will clean up the whammy issue.

It sounds to me like your mix is set at 50% in the whammy but having the volume down on the Helix and still hearing the guitar is strange.  I would try putting a distortion in front of and behind the whammy as well as other places in the signal path.  You will be able to find where the issue is because you can hear how the distortion is effect dry vs. wet signal.  Can you share  a screen shot?  That might help.  Or post the preset.

Long story short...I worked it out and am not sure how. I think it has something to do with the loop as I do 4CM and have a tube pre amp in the loop. It still has the signal coming through with the Helix volume all the way down which I don't get. But at least with the whammy on I don' have the stble note and the whammy-ed note going at the same time.

thanks for your help.