Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A/B box for two wireless into Helix Input

DarthHollis

I've been looking at A/B boxes online and it seems they are all for going from one input to two outputs.  Is there one that has two inputs and one output?

The Aux in on the Helix loses a considerable amount of signal and it is not switchable so that is not an option.

I have two wireless units and I would like to have a second guitar ready to go.

Would a simple Y cable work?  I'm would like to be able to switch between the two if possible.

Thanks is advance.

Most ABY boxes go both ways:

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_3?url=search-alias%3Dmi&field-keywords=aby+box&sprefix=aby%2Caps%2C362&crid=1HFB1RG4AHS7K

I have 2 of the Live wire units (<$50), passive unless you want indicator lights, then either 9v battery or adaptor. If you look down that page you'll see that there are several that look identical but for the brand names. Probably all made in the same Chinese factory.

I've heard it said that they are noisy. That's nonsense. I've been using them for years, no noise. There's a higher priced Morley that is 2 into 2 and has preamps . I thought it would be useful for input balancing Strat/LP/Acoustic. THAT unit is noisy!

Thank you, guys.  The Gigrig looks great but way more features than I will ever use.  I'm just looking for a simple, small box that can switch between two input signals.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Livewire/ABY1-Guitar-Footswitch-1274423038167.gc

It's bigger than I want but will probably do the job.  This would be better:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/JHS-Pedals/Mini-A-B-Box-Footswitch-Pedal.gc

An A/B/Y box is all you need! I've got the inepensive LiveWire A/B/Y, and it works fine. I've used it in both signal directions and with my Relay G10, Helix, and Fender Amps without any noise or problems. The LED is plenty bright and it runs for a long time from a 9v Alkaline. Highly recommended!

They're readily available from Amazon, GC, etc.

You shouldn't have any problems using the AUX input for a low impedance signal from a wireless unit. 

I did.  I have a guitar with active pickups and I don't think that translates though a wireless unit.  There was definitely less gain. I tried with two different guitars and both wireless units (G10 and G50).