Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Suddenly no sound coming out of my Helix

DimitriusK

I am also unfortunate about my Helix LT. 

I experienced this sudden stop of sound when im on 2.9 version.

Now I tried the new 3.0 update it works really well without a flaw but  i will still observe if the problem is still there. 

Now my question is. Is the problem software or hardware related?

• 2 years later...

Im having this random no sound issue after I just did the 3.50 update ...usually after clicking through a few presets , I cick another and no output...is there a way I can go back to the previous 3.15 version? Can anyone tell me how to do a downgrade in hopes that it will resolve the issue? Please

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2022 at 2:54 AM, LDessommes said:

Im having this random no sound issue after I just did the 3.50 update ...usually after clicking through a few presets , I cick another and no output...is there a way I can go back to the previous 3.15 version? Can anyone tell me how to do a downgrade in hopes that it will resolve the issue? Please

Same here. Unit worked fine, upgraded to 3.50 and shortly after there is no sound in or out (digital, variax and USB work fine). Overall the unit works fine in terms of the screen and controls and has been well looked after. I've reluctantly had to purchase a replacement as I have gigs coming up which I need the Helix for. Trouble is I now have a non-working spare which seems a complete right-off. Line6 said they would likely need to replace the boards out of warranty which could cost around £500-£600 :( 

Would really like to try downgrading the unit to see if that has any effect before I bin it.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:51 AM, mountfords said:

Same here. Unit worked fine, upgraded to 3.50 and shortly after there is no sound in or out (digital, variax and USB work fine). Overall the unit works fine in terms of the screen and controls and has been well looked after. I've reluctantly had to purchase a replacement as I have gigs coming up which I need the Helix for. Trouble is I now have a non-working spare which seems a complete right-off. Line6 said they would likely need to replace the boards out of warranty which could cost around £500-£600 :( 

Would really like to try downgrading the unit to see if that has any effect before I bin it.

I would definitely do a backup first and try reapplying the firmware and doing a factory reset and restore. Good luck with not having to do a repair, might still be worth doing if it comes to that. Especially if it turns out to be something less expensive.

• Upvote 1

On 12/1/2022 at 2:54 AM, LDessommes said:

Hi, 

To downgrade to need to follow the procedure for using the Line 6 Updater Utility in offline mode as described in this thread, but any reference to the firmware number needs to be the version that you wish to revert to eg: v 3.15.

Also bear in mind that you need to have the same version of HX Edit as the firmware's ensure that the versions match by deleting the newer v3.50 (or 3.51) that you may have installed.

Good Luck!

Hope this helps/makes sense

• 4 months later...