Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connect Iphone to Helix via Camera Adapter

MacShock

Hi, I've read in this forum that it is possible to connect the iPhone to the Helix via camera adapter using the USB in in the back of the helix in order to stream audio.

So, here I am. Everything connected but the music comes out of the loudspeaker of the iPhone and not my headphone (connected to the Helix). What do I have do? 

Thanks for your input and help.

Markus

As soon as you connect your iPhone/iPad with the Camera adapter, you should be already good to go, since the USB1/2 are passing through the Helix signal, no matter your path settings. Just be sure your iOs device streaming icon is showing the Helix connection (look at the picture, on the bottom/right side).

At this point you can also route the iPhone to all the USB channels 1/2 - 3/4 - 5/6 - 7/8, if you have a bus app like AUM or AudioBus 2. If you use those channels, from 3 to 8, you need to set those inputs in the Helix patch, as you do with any other input source. But again, USB 1/2 are working out of the box just linking the device through USB.

Be aware that your only way to control the volume coming from your iOS device it's in the global settings, first page (USB 1/2 Trim), so just take care of your ears. ;)

IMG_0484.png

IMG_4881.png

Hi, I've read in this forum that it is possible to connect the iPhone to the Helix via camera adapter using the USB in in the back of the helix in order to stream audio.

So, here I am. Everything connected but the music comes out of the loudspeaker of the iPhone and not my headphone (connected to the Helix). What do I have do? 

Thanks for your input and help.

Markus

Hey Markus!,

Yes it should just work - I use my iPhone with Helix and it works great.  

Make sure you buy an official Apple USB-Lightning adaptor and not a cheap copy... the copies do not reliably work.. or perhaps not at all if you are unlucky.    I second soundog that you should buy the new CCK3 that charges the iPhone too... I have an older CCK and it is really annoying when you run out of battery :(

As soon as you connect your iPhone/iPad with the Camera adapter, you should be already good to go, since the USB1/2 are passing through the Helix signal, no matter your path settings. Just be sure your iOs device streaming icon is showing the Helix connection (look at the picture, on the bottom/right side).

At this point you can also route the iPhone to all the USB channels 1/2 - 3/4 - 5/6 - 7/8, if you have a bus app like AUM or AudioBus 2. If you use those channels, from 3 to 8, you need to set those inputs in the Helix patch, as you do with any other input source. But again, USB 1/2 are working out of the box just linking the device through USB.

Be aware that your only way to control the volume coming from your iOS device it's in the global settings, first page (USB 1/2 Trim), so just take care of your ears. ;)

IMG_0484.png

IMG_4881.pngT

Cool, it works, Thank you very much for your help. Markus

• Upvote 1