Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Recording Dry signal can be heard

endemolash

So, I have seen a few similar posts but those answers have not worked for me. I have been using two input blocks to change between clean and heavy channel via snapshots. I took my Helix to test in a PA and changed the settings accordingly. Now I am back and recording entails the dry guitar signal bleeding into my distorted sound when I make chords. It worked fine until I plugged into the PA. It must be something in global settings right?

How are you controlling the selection of the input blocks to switch between your clean and distorted sounds? Check the parameters involved to make sure that when your clean sound is silenced there is no amount of dry signal allowed to pass through. 

You probably have an empty signal path that is active allowing your guitar signal to go through. Also, try changing the output of your preset to something specific like XLR or 1/4", whichever you are using. 

May need more details and/or picture of your screen. 

25 minutes ago, endemolash said:

Okay, so I had no problem doing this last week. But I was using one signal path for heavy and one for clean using snapshots. But now I can hear the DI guitar on the heavy. 

What am I doing wrong?

HELIX CLEAN.jpeg

HELIX PRESET.jpeg

You've got two isolated paths with both input blocks active at the same time. Even with all the blocks bypassed in one path, the signal is still cruising through unmolested, lol. Easiest thing to do is change Path A's output block to feed into Path B... then you've got one long serial chain with just one input. Use snapshots to toggle the various blocks on or off, accordingly. Might also be able to just use snapshots to switch the input block to something not in use...I assume that'll work too, but I've never tried it.

• Upvote 1

It appears that each path's Multi output is up full for each snap shot. I believe there are several ways to correct this. My way is to assign each Multi output's level to snapshots. Then, starting with snapshot 1 and assuming the top path (path A) is for "MAIN" and the bottom path (path B) is for "Clean"; for Snapshot 1 "MAIN" keep path A's multi output level at 0dB and turn path B's ouput level all the way down. Do the opposite for Snapshot 2, Path A all the way down and B at 0dB. Click SAVE.

4 minutes ago, endemolash said:

Okay, so using the output level makes more sense. Should I turn it all the way down? As in to -120.00db?

Yes, that's what I do. Don't forget to assign each path's multi output to snapshots otherwise when you change snapshots, nothing will happen.

I did that! Worked perfectly. For some reason I had been doing it this way without the output being snapshotted and I did not have any issues. Very strange. Everyone great advice and that helped a lot.

I have another question but should I started a new thread?