Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looking for presets

Dwf2008

Hi, I bought my Helix a week ago and am still exploring the presets and other features. I have downloaded a few patches from customtone but have been mostly disappointed because I can’t find the ones I really want.  I was hoping someone here could help me out. A partial wish list includes:

James Bond 007 theme

Johnny Rivers Secret Agent Man

Mark Knopfler Money For Nothing, Brothers In Arms, etc

Santo & Johnny Sleepwalk

Buffalo Springfield For What Its Worth

Duane Eddy everything

Lonnie Mack Memphis

Hank Marvin everything

Some really good surf tone with a true drippy reverb

Any help finding a source for these would be appreciated.

if u just want to use someone else's presets and not do the work yourself, fremen has some great ones. ive brought all his patches and u will find a goto few in his packs that are great and also help you by showing how he makes them. especially for headphones, his patches rock

4 hours ago, DunedinDragon said:

Why not just take the time and build your own?  It falls under the category of "teach a man to fish...".  You could probably do that quicker than trying to find one.

Thanks Dragon. Yes that’s on the list but I have never used a pedal before and my attempts so far have been frustrating.

2 hours ago, knoxdaz10 said:

if u just want to use someone else's presets and not do the work yourself, fremen has some great ones. ive brought all his patches and u will find a goto few in his packs that are great and also help you by showing how he makes them. especially for headphones, his patches rock

Thanks. Where do I find fremen?

23 minutes ago, Dwf2008 said:

Thanks Dragon. Yes that’s on the list but I have never used a pedal before and my attempts so far have been frustrating.

Watch some Helix-specific YouTube tutorials,  particularly a guy named Jason Sadites. If you're completely new to modeling, trying to guess your way through it tends to be rather unsatisfying, and you won't gain much insight into how the unit works by using ready-made presets. There's a learning curve at the beginning... everybody goes through it. 

45 minutes ago, Dwf2008 said:

Thanks. Where do I find fremen?

Right here.

https://fremenpresets.com/line-6-helix/

Then go here

https://www.youtube.com/user/gtr111/videos

And look for the "How To Create A Great Sounding Tone" Videos. There are a bunch but there are a lot of other things as well. And remember, despite the wealth of good knowledge he has, his ways of doing things are not the only ways. They are a great place to start.