BillDutton

HX Stomp...Why Does it Shut Off Randomly?

I have a brand new HX Stomp and while I love it, it has shut down on me randomly on 3 different occasions over two rehearsals in the last two days. I've only had this thing for a week now. Any idea why this is happening? It's more than a little disconcerting and causes me not to want to trust it for live performance (which is why I bought it). Help!

8 hours ago, BillDutton said:

I have a brand new HX Stomp and while I love it, it has shut down on me randomly on 3 different occasions over two rehearsals in the last two days. I've only had this thing for a week now. Any idea why this is happening? It's more than a little disconcerting and causes me not to want to trust it for live performance (which is why I bought it). Help!

Hi Bill,

I noticed this is the second post that you have made regarding the issue. As you said this is a brand new unit, I think your first recourse should be to contact the vendor “Sweetwater” and discuss the situation with them. You may be able to get the “faulty” unit replaced immediately. Failing that, you should raise a ticket with Line 6 support. 

Try Sweetwater first and see how it goes with them, although a “random shutdown” is going to be difficult to replicate, you should get a new unit - fit for purpose, etc.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

It shouldn’t be shutting off on its own... I’d see about exchanging it for a new one of i were you.

Thanks for the follow up - looks like I'll be contacting Sweetwater and using their top shelf customer service.

• Thanks 1

I'm having the same issue, mine doesn't stay on for more than 1 minute and it reboots. Tried all procedures recommended by Line 6 and nothing worked. There's no local technical support where I could drop the HX Stomp to have someone verifying as well. The contacts given by Line 6 didn't even know they were authorized assistance.

The main problem is, I'm from Brazil, no one sells HX STOMP over here, so, I've bought it on a trip to USA and now I don't have anyone to assist me on replacing this faulty unit.

I'm so frustrated because I used to have a POD HD500 for long years and never had any kind of issue.

37 minutes ago, gvendramini said:

I'm having the same issue, mine doesn't stay on for more than 1 minute and it reboots. Tried all procedures recommended by Line 6 and nothing worked. There's no local technical support where I could drop the HX Stomp to have someone verifying as well. The contacts given by Line 6 didn't even know they were authorized assistance.

The main problem is, I'm from Brazil, no one sells HX STOMP over here, so, I've bought it on a trip to USA and now I don't have anyone to assist me on replacing this faulty unit.

I'm so frustrated because I used to have a POD HD500 for long years and never had any kind of issue.

If you haven't already done so, try opening a support ticket directly through this site and explain the problem with your local repair facilities...maybe L6 can help you directly. You might end up having to pay for shipping to or from the US, but it's better than being out $600 and stuck with a useless device.

@cruisinon2 thanks for your message. I've opened the support ticket through the site, Josh (L6 support agent) was really interested on solving my issue, but, none of the troubleshooting steps worked out for me. He then gave me some local repair facilities that must be outdated, because none of them knew they were authorized repair facilities from LINE 6 devices and said they couldn't help me. I'd pay the shipping to send it directly to Line 6 and have a brand new one (and no headache), at this moment I'm 1000% frustrated because I've sold my POD HD500 (5 years old, not a single hiccup or issue) and bought the HX STOMP (after months saving money) to upgrade my home studio and now I'm losing jobs because I can't produce with this faulty unit.