Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor repair question

madmax49

Helix floor.Left 1/4" out is very low in volume and all other outputs are fine. Not in warranty but needs to go in for repairs.

Not asking what my repair would cost as we don't know whats broken.

Just wanted to know what other problems that people had and what the cost was for  the repair.

1 hour ago, MusicLaw said:

Are you certain that the problem is hardware?

Have you already attempted a Factory Reset after reinstalling the latest 2.92 firmware using the latest HX Edit software?

This ^^^^^^!!!  I would be doing a factory reset, reinstall of HX Edit as well as checking every cable and whatever I was using to monitor before even considering cracking open the case.  Reaching out to Line6 to find out their fee if any for a repair if it even requires one is the best way to go before using a third party. 

This sounds like an issue that needs test cycles, a diagnosis, and a repair. If you dont have proper experience, and tools, to do that, I'd say just bring it to a repair depot. Chances you are gonna make it a lot worse, are pretty high.

The closest you're going to come is to call an authorized service tech and get their bench rate. You'll never know how much a repair costs until it's done, it's just the nature of the beast. But you have to consider that if you don't get the repair done, you're throwing the money you originally spent on the unit out the window. So your options are to repair the unit and eat the cost no matter what it is, or sell it as an in-need-of-repair item and recoup some of your investment.