Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
labornvain

Just Bought a JTV-69 With No Cables

Recommended Posts

I need a permanent power supply. And I need to connect with Workbench on my PC. After hours of searching, I can't seem to confirm these questions:

 

1.Should I buy the USB adapter and the Cable Power kit?

2. Or can I just get a Pod HD500 (or HD500x).

 

Obviously, I would rather have the HD500. I've owned several Pods over the years and quite like them.

 

I just can't seem to find a clear, authorized statement on whether it will work.

 

And I'm extremely confused on how an HD500 will allow me to interface with Workbench on my PC.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The HD500 or 500X will power the JTV and will let you connect to Workbench. Just an FYI, the  500 will work with Workbench or Workbench HD. The 500X will only work with Workbench HD. As long as you have a 2.0 or later firmware on the JTV (which you probably do), you can only use Workbench HD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be careful. I could be wrong but I thought that if you wanted to hook up your JTV Variax with the 1/4" that you did not want to power the JTV with the VDI. That you cannot have both the VDI providing power and the 1/4" plugged in at the same time since it could lead to possible damage of some kind. I thought you were supposed to only use the battery if you're also plugging into the 1/4" jack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, brue58ski said:

Be careful. I could be wrong but I thought that if you wanted to hook up your JTV Variax with the 1/4" that you did not want to power the JTV with the VDI. That you cannot have both the VDI providing power and the 1/4" plugged in at the same time since it could lead to possible damage of some kind. I thought you were supposed to only use the battery if you're also plugging into the 1/4" jack.

That’s correct. Line 6 advises against using both the battery and the VDI-supplied power at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2021 at 8:21 AM, silverhead said:

That’s correct. Line 6 advises against using both the battery and the VDI-supplied power at the same time.

Thanks for the reply. So I would just remove the battery to use the VDI and the 1/4 connection simultaneously? Or is ther more to it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2021 at 9:07 PM, phil_m said:

The HD500 or 500X will power the JTV and will let you connect to Workbench. Just an FYI, the  500 will work with Workbench or Workbench HD. The 500X will only work with Workbench HD. As long as you have a 2.0 or later firmware on the JTV (which you probably do), you can only use Workbench HD.

Thanks a bunch for the quick reply.

 

One more question, using the VDI cable, can you use the 500x without the amp or cab or any other FX. I will be using the built in FX, but I also want to be able to use my VST amp sims on occasion. I read the manual but it wasn't quite as explicit as my slow brain requires.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...