Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Preset and snapshot LED color


ichasedx
 Share

Recommended Posts

No need to apologize. You can't find it because it isn't there! At least, not in SNAPSHOT or PRESET Mode.

In STOMP Mode, using CommandCenter, you can assign a Footswitch to a Snapshot or a Preset, and set the color of the LED Ring.

On the device (vs HX Edit), in CommandCenter, once you've made the assignment, you use CUSTOMIZE (press knob 6) and then SWITCH LED (knob 5).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

No need to apologize. You can't find it because it isn't there! At least, not in SNAPSHOT or PRESET Mode.

In STOMP Mode, using CommandCenter, you can assign a Footswitch to a Snapshot or a Preset, and set the color of the LED Ring.

On the device (vs HX Edit), in CommandCenter, once you've made the assignment, you use CUSTOMIZE (press knob 6) and then SWITCH LED (knob 5).

You can change the color of the snapshots' button rings!!!   The easiest way is in the editor.  Just right-click on the snapshot in HX edit and select several option for the color.  You can set the color of the ring to always be visible even if the snapshot is not engaged.  Or have it be disabled all together. 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, theElevators said:

You can change the color of the snapshots' button rings!!!   The easiest way is in the editor.  Just right-click on the snapshot in HX edit and select several option for the color.  You can set the color of the ring to always be visible even if the snapshot is not engaged.  Or have it be disabled all together. 

 

Thank you, I don't know how I missed it....any ideas on changing the preset LED color?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, ichasedx said:

 

Thank you, I don't know how I missed it....any ideas on changing the preset LED color?

 

I don' think that is possible.  Just use the preset-per-song approach, and use snapshots inside presets.  Order your presets in the order of your set list.  Snapshots are great--no audio dropouts when changing sounds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 years later...

So the last word on this was in 2021. Since then has anyone figured out how to change the preset colors on the buttons on the unit itself? Or is it still not possible?

thanks

rick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is no need for this this, because we have snapshots and stomps to change our sounds, and there's no need to go to individual presets while you play.  But that's besides point...

 

The only thing you can do is create a bunch of "chained" presets.  If you use 8 presets, then for each of the 8 presets, you can customize the buttons to take you to the other presets.  This can be done in Command Center.  Command Center allows you to customize your "Stomp" mode view.  In the same view you can mix and match whether you want to turn on/off individual stomps, change snapshots, or go to other presets.

 

What we are trying to do is have one preset have buttons that will go to other presets from within its "Stomp" view.

 

1. Go to one preset, open up Command Center, and make sure that 8 buttons take you to appropriate 8 presets (including the current one).  

2. When doing this, make sure when one button is pressed, the others don't default to "next snapshot" or something like this.  There is a global setting you can disable to not have it default to that.  But it's basically intentional: you press one button and now your layout can be completely different.  In essence for every preset, in "Stomp" view, you have 8 different layouts.  If you want all 8 to look the same, then click each button and re-assign what the rest of your buttons will do.  Since you are not using snapshots, this shouldn't be a problem, but still worth checking so you don't have a "dead end" screen where you can't go to any presets at all.  You need to make sure you can go to every presets from every other preset, so that's 8*8 combinations---have fun testing that :)  But if you are using snapshots, then see what your stomp screen will look like after you go to a different snapshot than the default one your preset is saved with. 

3. Since you have assigned a bunch of buttons in your "Stomp" view, you can now change their ring colors.

4. Once you've successfully set up the layout for one preset, so that it takes you to the other 7 presets and recalls the current preset -- repeat the same exact steps for the rest of your presets.

 

On Helix Floor you have "10 button stomp" mode in Global Settings, so you can chain 10 presets instead of 8. 

 

Beware, that if you reorder your presets, this setup may not work as intended.  

 

Now you've created "wormholes" that link 8 presets from each other.  Is it possible?  yes.  Would I recommend doing this?  Again, no, because nobody uses presets to change sounds, when we have snapshots and stomps.  And by nobody, I mean touring musicians who don't want gaps in their sound.  And yes I'm aware of the "gapless preset switching", but you give up 50% of your DSP for that.. Not worth it. 

 

I have been using Presets for every song.  Or sometimes one big "kitchen sink" preset that does all my sounds.  I change the sounds with snapshots, and use the expression pedal to control different things.  Never had the need to do anything else, and I use a ton of effects and tricks in my playing. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I really don't use snapshots (well sometimes), mainly like it in Stomp mode.  When I first got the floor, I really didn't like how many steps it took to get to the spot to change presets, (I'm sure I missed something) so what I have started doing is in the Stomp B (set?), I used the Command Center to add a next  and previous preset to two footswitches.   That lets me change presets by just switching from Stomp A to Stomp B and this has really helped.

 

I use the "kitchen sink" approach, where I have multiple sounds based on an Amp (or two). I do this for the different type of amp styles to give me slight variations in what I can use.  I never change a preset in a song.  I have not needed to because on most all amps you can go from clean to nasty in one preset.  You may need two amps, but that is doable in my experience.

 

Just some background, I have been a gigging musician for several decades (yes, old one here :)) playing clubs to festivals (not a lot, but enough to say I've done it :)).

 

I appreciate the preset per song people and can see its value, however, I found that most of our songs will fit into a few "kitchen sinks" so I use that method.  A question for the preset per song people.  Do you find that you are starting with the same template (or preset) for most of you songs and tweaking from there?  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2026 at 11:54 AM, PaulTBaker said:

 

I appreciate the preset per song people and can see its value, however, I found that most of our songs will fit into a few "kitchen sinks" so I use that method.  A question for the preset per song people.  Do you find that you are starting with the same template (or preset) for most of you songs and tweaking from there?  

 

I have around 250 presets.  So.... All of them are basically variations on my main core sound.  The main settings: distortion, amp/cab, light delay, solo EQ all stay the same.  Every song preset that I create has some kind of a quirk, or a unique signature thing.  So I start with browsing through the previous presets, pick the one that suits me and tweak. 

 

Like for example, I know that preset number 076 has a nice acoustic guitar sound, and preset number 2 in another playlist has that awesome envelope filter.  So I go and combine them, copy blocks/paste blocks.  It's so convenient!  Because for example the envelope filter is so finicky!  It works for one song but doesn't work for another, unless I change the setting slightly.  I may want to dress up my lead sound with some vintage fuzz in this one 70's song.  I may want to add some kind of a synthesizer solo for this other song.  Every song has different rhythm, dynamics, and even the same lead sound does not always work -- it needs a different BPM for example, sometimes it needs to be louder/softer based on what the other musicians are doing.  

 

I want to handle all the sound changes myself, and not have the sound guy try to guess where my solo is....   My goal is to have the sound guy not make any adjustments to my sound at all, just plug and play.  

 

So in short, for the variety of stuff I'm currently playing the preset-per-song is the way to go.  Plus it makes the layout so much simpler because you don't add unnecessary junk that doesn't apply to the song.  All my lead sounds are almost always in the same position.  If I only need 2 sounds, I don't clutter my preset with unnecessary snapshots that I can accidentally step on.  If one song has acoustic sound and an electric solo sound--same thing: I make 6 out of 8 snapshots that acoustic sound.  And 2 right-most buttons are my solo sound.  It makes it so much easier coming out of the solo to just slam on any of those 6 buttons.  And it makes it easy to go to the solo by pressing the right-most buttons, one or the other.  Sometimes if I'm trying out new sounds, I can add additional options on the top row.

 

When I practice and I notice that I mess up and press wrong buttons, I reposition these snapshots.  It all varies per song and how fast the song goes, etc.    Sometimes I use the expression pedal to change between rhythm and lead as well, if it keeps going back and forth.  Every preset is custom and it's awesome.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice, I can see how that would work.  Thank you for the response.  I have been reading your posts and appreciate the videos!  Thanks for all the info!   That goes for all who post on here.  It's a nice community (when we read the manual!  HAHAHA)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...