Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

two HX stomps

Dazzer40

1 hour ago, Dazzer40 said:

Is this a good idea having Two HX stomps  One for the front of the amp for effects  and the other for the effects loop time based effects , but keeping them both separate .

You can do the same with just one HX Stomp, going 4CM... but if you need many effects that just one unit can't handle, then two stomps is totally fine. There is no right or wrong here. :)

Capture.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I posted something similar a while back and got shot down by the Line 6 "elite" . My though process though; having two smaller Line 6 units gives you the possiblity to have complex patches that need two processors or keep things simple but also the option to have a stripped down setup if needed for certain situations.... my main reason for getting a HX Stomp in the first place, besides cost, was I'm a left footed player in terms of using a wah/expression so that was is a big sticking point of the bigger unit.

Remember that people like Dweezil Zappa use two Fractal Axe-Fx units to get their sounds, and others have several Strymon/Eventide pedals doing specific roles on their pedalboards so it's not anything that hasn't been done before.

If it gets the result you need and it doesn't break the bank, go for it

My original post:

Here's the video I referred to:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dazzer40 said:

Is this a good idea having Two HX stomps  One for the front of the amp for effects  and the other for the effects loop time based effects , but keeping them both separate .

As @PierM states... it is already possible with a single unit. 

If a single unit can't provide enough effects for you... there are options.

• If you want to keep the setup modular, two stomps will work fine. There is nothing wrong with this approach.
  • For a similar price, you could use one stomp and one HX Effects.
  • For a little less money you could buy a Helix LT which gives you the full power of a Helix.
  • For a little more money you could buy a Helix Floor which gives you full power and full features. 
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, benriddell said:

I posted something similar a while back and got shot down by the Line 6 "elite" .

I might not be an "elite" but I would have defended your approach. 

It's all about options. Some people like "all in one".... and some people like "modular". No right, no wrong... just different approaches. 

FWIW... I use a Helix LT. I like having ONE unit. But I can see the benefits of keeping them separated.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, benriddell said:

I posted something similar a while back and got shot down by the Line 6 "elite"

Yeah, those are generally those elites are folks that have found their own approach that works for them and for some reason feel compelled to preach how there is only one approach...Absolutions are a path to the darkside...elitism is a mental illness and so many suffer from it...Just another symptom of colonized minds...

I opted for the smaller form-factor myself...I went with an XL...I have not added a second Stomp...yet...But I have several outboard SA pedals that take the load off where I need it taken off...I know where HX is weak, what I need and figure it out...

• Like 1

Another outstanding benefit of having two identical units is the hardware redundancy! Also, the inherent ability to store all your Presets (up to the hardware's storage capacity) and the ease of managing everything via HX Edit. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

And what about control, patch changes etc.

Does one of the HX would control the other one by MiDi ? Or could you have control both ways ?

Or else, with an external midi controller ?

What's cool with the HX Stomp is the transportability. Having two of them instead of a larger unit allows you to take just one of them when travelling light.