Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT - Purchase

evolz

Hello,

I have a Stomp and love it, I was looking at upgrading to a Helix LT. Just wondering is Line6 going been putting a new version of the Helix out anytime soon, I see NAMM is this week, just wondering if they are going to announce some new machine and if I should wait.

As well I been seeing there is a issue with the expression pedal on the LT's, is this still a issue?

• Haha 1

Eric Klein, Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group / Line 6 / Ampeg (aka Digital Igloo) says no.

Since no one believes him, he has a couple of standing bets going over on TGP. You can find all the details and get in on it here:

Any Indication of a Line6 Helix II Coming Soon? | The Gear Page

This question is posted somewhere at least once a week. As a general rule, you should buy NOW what you want to play NOW.

Nobody on planet earth is guaranteed a tomorrow.

On 5/30/2022 at 5:24 PM, evolz said:

Just wondering is Line6 going been putting a new version of the Helix out anytime soon

Don’t hold your breath waiting for that to happen!

As noted by “rd2rk” in the post above, Digital Igloo has a $500 bet on this, over on TGP, and he is the man who would know. Far too much still in progress for this version of Helix products. I bought my Helix floor almost 7 years back for what it could do then, and Line 6 still keeps adding to it. You could waste your life waiting for the next big thing coming down the road.

if you want an LT - don’t think about it - do it

Oh, yeah - see the banner at the top of this page regarding “Impact of Global Materials Shortage”.

On 5/30/2022 at 10:24 AM, evolz said:

As well I been seeing there is a issue with the expression pedal on the LT's, is this still a issue?

Fixed years ago. If you buy used and get an older one which then develops a problem with the Expression pedal, they'll fix it for you w/o charge.

That said, the LT's expression pedal is not as robust as the one on the full-fat Floor model.

On 5/30/2022 at 12:24 PM, evolz said:

I see NAMM is this week, just wondering if they are going to announce some new machine and if I should wait.

New machines - always. New Helix... nah. It isn't old enough. And most of the time it has been out has been during a global lockdown. Not only have sales slowed because... well, musicians haven't been playing. But also, the 'invention team' was out of work. The suppliers were out of work. There's still supply issues... nothing new is coming out anywhere. 

On 5/30/2022 at 2:05 PM, datacommando said:

and he is the man who would know.

He is also the man who would know not to say even if he did know. 

On 5/30/2022 at 11:55 PM, pianoguyy said:

He is also the man who would know not to say even if he did know. 

True, but someone on TGP said it may be worth him losing a $500 bet to keep a lid on any new Helix 2 release.

Eric’s reply:

”It probably is worth $500, but I won't lose that bet.”

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/any-indication-of-a-line6-helix-ii-coming-soon.2339591/page-7#post-34747401

But, hey!

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2022 at 12:24 PM, evolz said:

Hello,

I have a Stomp and love it, I was looking at upgrading to a Helix LT. Just wondering is Line6 going been putting a new version of the Helix out anytime soon, I see NAMM is this week, just wondering if they are going to announce some new machine and if I should wait.

SPOILER ALERT: If you defer every purchase because you're waiting for "the next big thing" to come along, you'll be in a constant state of waiting and you'll never buy anything. 

SPOILER ALERT#2: The next big thing IS coming... and sooner than you think. The pace of technology is hard to keep up with today... there's always a new toy, if not from Line 6, then it'll be somebody else. And maybe that thing would have suited you better... who knows?

So what's the moral of the story? Any high tech toy you buy is a gamble... maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't, and maybe that thing will be rendered obsolete 2 weeks after you buy it. There's no way to predict it all. If something suits your needs and you want it, buy it... but second guessing the decision forever is pointless. Unless you really enjoy being in a perpetual holding pattern, then by all means, waffle away...;)

• Upvote 1