Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Change names/colors of blocks in stomp mode?

fermata2

Hi all.  I am a new HX Stomp XL user and I have a stupid question.

I would very much like to simplify/customize the names of the blocks as they appear in stomp mode on my patches.  For example, rather than having a block named “Harmony Delay”, can I customize the name in stomp mode to just appear as “Delay”?

I would like to make my pedalboard as easy to use during gigs as possible and I hate having to remember the long names of each block and what they do.  Too much to think about when I’m simultaneously trying to play guitar, sing and remember lyrics, all while also making sure that my drummer is on tempo.  Would be much easier if I could dumb down the names of my blocks in stomp mode. 

is it possible?  How do I do this?  Can you also change the colors assigned?

On 7/8/2023 at 3:26 PM, fermata2 said:

I would very much like to simplify/customize the names of the blocks as they appear in stomp mode on my patches.  For example, rather than having a block named “Harmony Delay”, can I customize the name in stomp mode to just appear as “Delay”?

I would like to make my pedalboard as easy to use during gigs as possible and I hate having to remember the long names of each block and what they do.  Too much to think about when I’m simultaneously trying to play guitar, sing and remember lyrics, all while also making sure that my drummer is on tempo.  Would be much easier if I could dumb down the names of my blocks in stomp mode. 

Hi,

The whole point of having a block named “Harmony Delay” is to differentiate that particular delay block from a totally different type of delay - “Reverse Delay” for example. The green colour of the block also serves a similar purpose, by showing that is delay block rather than a modulation block which are coloured blue, or a reverb which are orange, etc.

Line 6 went to great lengths to name, and colour the blocks to make the user interface as simple, and easy to use as possible.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

EDIT:

From the Owner’s Manual:- 

“Stomp mode displays colored labels representing the assignments for footswitches 1~6, so you know exactly what you’re stomping on in the heat of battle. Alternatively, you can change the Stomp Mode to show four footswitch assignments, with Up/Down switches at the left (accessed via the Global Settings > Footswitches > Stomp Mode setting”

On 7/8/2023 at 4:26 PM, fermata2 said:

Hi and welcome!

You can change the color of a footswitch's LED in Command Center. Select the switch and customize.

You should explore the concept of favorites: You edit a block to your liking, then save it as favorite and give it a name. The name will be the blocks name.