These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD400 Edit not showing in Monkey
by mitchmann21 on 2012-03-15 18:42:52

Greetings,

I just got an HD400, installed the drivers, installed monkey, installed HD400 Edit, and the only thing that shows up on my applications in Monkey is Monkey itself.  Otherwise there is nothing there. 

Any idea what is going on here?  When I go into Edit, none of the presets show up, as if there is no connection to the unit, even though it is recognized in the Monkey window.

monkey1.jpg

Thanks!

Re: HD400 Edit not showing in Monkey
by mitchmann21 on 2012-03-15 19:13:12

I tried reinstalling the driver again (v4.2.5.1), no dice.

by mazuwa on 2012-03-16 03:39:30

What does your device manager say? Can you play pc sounds e.g. songs from winamp or so?

To me it seems your pc has got problems to recognize the usb port with the device (cable defect? usb hub? defect usb port on either device?). I think the POD HD400 is only shown in Monkey as a symbol because you have installed the driver for it. But this happens without usb connection first.

Make these changes: Different usb cable (take it from you printer), different USB port. Have you installed the driver with disconnected cable (you have to)?

Try another pc to get sure your pod is o.k.

Update: I just found this one, but has not been answered / completed:

http://line6.com/support/thread/81474?tstart=0

">http://line6.com/support/thread/81474?tstart=0">http://line6.com/support/thread/81474?tstart=0

by silverhead on 2012-03-16 06:30:43

The problem is that Monkey is not detecting a valid ESN number on your HD400, as indicated in the left portion of the Monkey screenshot. This sometimes happens when a Pod device has undergone a repair that was improperly completed - the security ESN (electronic serial number) chip was not properly restored.

Since you just got it, I assume you don't know its history. I would return the HD400 and demand a replacement.

by mitchmann21 on 2012-03-16 07:33:40

OK, that would make sense.  However, I would also think that the HD400 Edit would show up as well, under the applications.  I installed this and reinstalled, and no dice.

Would this be related to the ESN issue?  Seems they would be independent of each other...

Many thanks for the info.

by silverhead on 2012-03-16 08:28:35

Yes, they should be independent. Are you sure you installed HD400 Edit after you downloaded the installation file? It's a 2-step process: download the installer, then run it to install the application.

If it has been installed I have no explanation for why it isn't in the Line 6 folder under your All Programs list in your PC's Start Menu.

by Line6david on 2012-03-16 14:36:05

Hi,

I have seen issues like this caused by anitvirus software.... What kind of antivirus software do you have installed on your system?

Thanks,

David

by mitchmann21 on 2012-03-17 17:36:50

I have no issues with sounds or playing audio files, device manager looks OK, I think...

sound.jpg

I have Symantec Endpoint Protection running ... no clue if that would cause such an issue.  Have not had device issues like that before...

Yes, I installed the Edit program fine after downloading and executing "POD HD400 Edit v1.03 Installer.exe".

If it is an issue with the ESN chip, is there a way to diagnose that before running back to the store?

Thanks for all the inputs!

by mitchmann21 on 2012-03-17 18:02:03

I also tried hitting the "Change Device" button and pulling up the dialog to see what showed up...

usb-reco.gif

I am assuming that it is seeing the actual device, but just not picking up the ESN as earlier mentioned.

I also tried a different USB port on my laptop to see if that made a difference.  No dice.

I looked into the Control Panel under

l6-audio-midi.jpg

and got

audio-midi.jpg

... which again showed no ESN.  So connectivity seems to work, but no ESN.

Still would not explain why no HD400 Edit program under Monkey, though...    

by mitchmann21 on 2012-03-17 18:45:39

Ah, how different this looks in Windows 7!  There was firmware and flash to be updated, and the programs show up as expected.    Monkey appears not to run quite right under XP...

monkeyw7.png

But after both updates, there is still not ESN.

by mitchmann21 on 2012-03-17 18:51:15

BUT!  I ran HD400 Edit, and I was able to retrieve, edit and download presets!  So I am thinking that this is good enough!  Any other reason I really need an ESN?

by mitchmann21 on 2012-03-20 16:42:00

Ooo, was that a surprise, thinking that all the presets would be the same when I cranked the system up for a live go the next day... NO presets, although they existed, were producing any output, except for Bank 24.  Fortunately one of the 4 sounds in the bank was "good enough" for what I had to do.  Still gotta figure out what happened.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.