Dark-Star
Members-
Posts
24 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Dark-Star
-
No updates as it is long past Legacy product (15+ years old).
-
Standard is a post 2.0 guitar, never had pre HD as part of its firmware. Like trying speak modern language to a great-great grandparent,... half of what is said doesn't translate. Dark-Star (formerly psarkissian)
-
psarkissian,... I'm still here on the Forums, just not at YGG/Line 6 anymore.
-
Since I'm no longer at Line 6, my psarkissian no longer works. Use Dark-Star,... it's a physics thing, in case anyone out there asks. Spider Valve MkII? Check https://line6.com/find/service_center/ I don't see "Instrumental Music in Thousand Oaks" on the list anymore,.... bummer. Good place, good people. The closest to you would be Audio repair Specialists. Audio Repair Specialists 818-346-3762 info@arsrepair.com 22520 Ventura Blvd. Woodland Hills, CA 91364
- 1 reply
-
- p sarkissian
- intermittent
-
(and 2 more)
Tagged with:
-
Variax 500, issue after update
Dark-Star replied to cool117's topic in Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench
Yes,... if running locally on your desktop, as the Line 6 servers are no longer connected for the more legacy software. Been like that more and more since Apple and Microsoft left 32 bit processing for 64 bit running system OS's. I've had success connecting to legacy apps and firmware and running them on Mac 10.6.8 OS. Not certain what the equivalent PC OS is. -
Variax 500, issue after update
Dark-Star replied to cool117's topic in Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench
Check the downloads page for computer OS compatibility. You may need to use a computer with an earlier OS, or current OS with a Way back Machine software simulator. Original Workbench on the downloads page will have that info. -
JTV59 without PC interface
Dark-Star replied to barnsleyboy's topic in James Tyler Variax Guitars / Workbench HD
Through Line 6 Central, not Updater! I don't think Updater will see Stadium,... at least it didn't at my L6 lab PC workstation. As I recall, it is designed to do that. Never tried it, and don't know what the final decision was. Never got to try a finished one before I left YGG/Line 6. Hope so. -
JTV59 without PC interface
Dark-Star replied to barnsleyboy's topic in James Tyler Variax Guitars / Workbench HD
"I'm-a-wonder'in if the D10 interface when it gets released will do the same job as the interface ... ", NO. D10 designed to function with Stadium series floor effects. It is the interface for Stadium only. -
Stadium and Variax
Dark-Star replied to rwinking's topic in James Tyler Variax Guitars / Workbench HD
Thank you silverhead, Dark-Star (used to be psarkissian@line6). -
What jpdennis said!!! Line 6 Support. Do NOT mess with it further. Leave it for the service tech after getting with Line 6 Support. rwandering,... do NOT mess with that. Guys,... those vents are to keep air flowing through it. DON'T tamper with anything inside. I've been inside these a lot. Half of getting inside those require special tools and handling. Lots of small delicate stuff. Leave to the experienced authorized service techs.
-
I will have to compare it with my 700 electric board at home. Difficult to tel from the photo. The two diodes and inductor near the connector is a circuit common both. But from what I can see from the circuit traces, it's not the same as the electric. I did a service bulletin for the 700 electric, this circuit does not look the same. I will confirm that when I get home later.
-
50-02-0005-2 is the populated board, while the number with the '35' prefix is the bare board with no parts on it. Acoustic and electric boards are slightly different in hardware and have different programs in them for the guitars they go into. The dash two (-2) board is a later revision. In general, things get subtle updates slightly (hardware or firmware), until the differences become great enough, that it is as far as they can go before create a next generation of product. Helix vs Helix Stadium XL is an example.
-
How long since the tubes were changed out? 12AX7,... probably not. Power tubes can pull down volts and blow a AC fuse if the plate on the power tube or the tube overall are getting old and worn. See my postings (under psarkissian) at the top of the main page on what tubes to use. Have an authorized service center do it. These are not like a Spider Valve where you just install, bias and go. There are a couple other adjustments to check and tweak.
-
New 500 owner. Problems with selector switch
Dark-Star replied to markus765's topic in Variax Guitars / Bass / Workbench
The Model selector needs to be calibrated. Your local authorized service center would have access to that. -
It's an upper harmonic, high frequency whistle or howl? The intonation needs to be adjusted on that string. If the intonation is off, frequency clashes between the fret stop and the related upper harmonics. It still occurs with magnetic pick-ups too, it's just less apparent. I see this often on a host of guitars, not just JTV's, but high resonant Models and/or reverb can bring out this effec more. Also have a guitar set-up tech, check your set-up for other adjustments. If it's just one string, then it's just a matter of taking a good set-up and dialing in a little further and more precise. A good set-up tech will have some sort of precision tuner to tune and intonate with. Remember, environment (temperatur and humidity) can alter a set-up, especially if you're gigging in multiple locations. Shipping across the country?..., then let it sit for a couple of days to aclimate, then check the set-up. If you gig a lot, you may want to get one of those environment snake rods for inside your guitar case.
-
Jtv-59 Oem String Gauge
Dark-Star replied to xpanmanx's topic in James Tyler Variax Guitars / Workbench HD
Yes,... 10-46. There's a tag that comes with the instrument from D'Addario, showing that it's their strings on JTV's. Got a set in front of me now,... High-E = .010 B = .013 G = .017 D = .026 A = .036 Low-E = .046 Standard issue, Factory string set up for JTV's. -
Loose Model Knob On Brand-new Jtv-59
Dark-Star replied to xpanmanx's topic in James Tyler Variax Guitars / Workbench HD
xpanmanx, Good, you fixed it. I remember the inquiry. Sorry he took a while on the phone with you, it took me a few minutes to show him how it's done, so that he could explain it to you. And it only took about 15-minutes, good. Glad it worked out. Way to go. -The Tech -
It's occurring as a pair, on fret stops, not open strings,... mechanical damping at the string locks at the headstock? Check and make sure it's snug, not over tightened. Had a loose Low-E & A pair the other day, made sure he plate was lined up right then torque it snug. Check the "set-up" or take it to a guitar tech to check the set-up.
-
On a JTV-69, yes, right, the tuners are locking. So is the Trem Bar, it is internally threaded so it screws into the bottom of the bridge, and the set screw to make the Trem Bar Bushing Collar snug a the top of the Collar Bushing. It is firm at both top and bottom of the Trem Bar. The locking Trem Bar has been on these JTV-69's for quite sometime now. I don't "dive bomb" much, but when I do, it works pretty good on the 69's I play. I understand Dave's trepidation regarding Floyd Rose locking systems, more finer adjustment points, don't worry about it, like everything else about guitars and guitar playing, it takes practice. You get used to it. The Graphtech Floyd Rose bridges I've experienced on the JTV-89's are pretty solid. And I have a 69 and two 59's myself. The locking Trem Bar on the 69 works good for me. Two different locking systems (on the 69 and 89), both pretty solid. Works for me, I like them.