Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD500X set list confusion

dog24fret

I have looked through the forums and even contacted line 6 support. No help yet. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

I created a new user set list labeled as worship. I got all the settings the way I wanted and saved it. Well here is where it has lost me and no help from anyone to this point. After I save the set list to the pod. All set lists including the factory set lists. All have what is in my worship set list. So If I scroll to HD it will have what Worship has. Same with all the other set lists. What am I doing wrong with this? I wanted to add a user set list and keep all the individual factory presets. Please help me with my screw up hahaha

The main problem here is understanding what you did.

First, are you working with the edit program on the computer attached to the POD?

When you say you created a new setlist, do you mean you renamed a setlist on the POD to "worship" or that you saved the setlist to a file called "worship" on your computer?

It's really not very clear at all what you did exactly from your explanation.  Why don't you take some time and compose it more completely and specifically as far as the steps you went through and how you went through them, and exactly what tools you were using to do it, then maybe we could tell you what happened.

Ok I thought it was clear guys sorry. I just went simple I thought and easy to follow.

I used the edit program on the computer yes. I went to set list user 1. I added a few patches to it and created a few of my own. Yes the Pod was connected to it. After I got done with the patch and renamed user 1 to Worship. I then saved it to file. Then I hit all then synced it. After it was done I unhooked the pedal to check it out. Worship had everything it was suppose to have. It all worked out great. I decided to switch from worship to the factory metal set list on the pedal. It wasn't metal anymore. It was worship. The same for each of the other set list on the pod. So HD was worship same with Style and so on. So instead of having it go like this not all exact just visual 

HD            Metal

Style          Artist

mix            user1(worship)

user2         user3

Ok if I can clear it up more I hope. If I want to go from user1 to HD. Everything I programed onto user1 is also on HD,metal,style,artist and mix. This is on the pedal itself with pedal not connected to the computer. I don't have the selections anymore. They show on my edit screen on the computer when pedal is hooked up. Just on the pedal I have all of what ever I sync to. I tried to resync the HD from the computer to the pedal by hitting all again. Now all set lists on the pedal now have the set list of HD. I really hope this helps guys. 

If the setlists have different names, it makes me wonder if you are actually loading a new setlist. Are you pressing the ENTER button on the POD?

...If I want to go from user1 to HD. Everything I programed onto user1 is also on HD,metal,style,artist and mix...

The problem seems to revolve around using the 'All' selection for saving the Edit setlists to the POD setlists.  Unfortunately the HD500X edit manual doesn't say anything about this function, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to work.

What is curious to me is that, from your description, it sounds like the setlists on the Edit program displays the correct patches even though the POD itself doesn't.  I would think that when you connect the POD to the Edit program, the program would re-sync with the POD and the erroneous patches would be reflected at that point in the Edit program the same as they are in the Pod.  But from your description that doesn't seem to be the case.

At any rate, if the Edit program is displaying the correct patches AND you have the Pod connected to the Edit program, you might want to try selecting each setlist individually in the Edit program and syncing it with the Pod using the Setlist button rather than the All button.  Try it one at a time and see if it changes the setlists on the Pod correctly.  Since I've never used the All button to sync with the Pod there may be some odd bug there I'm not aware of.

• Upvote 1

If the setlists have different names, it makes me wonder if you are actually loading a new setlist. Are you pressing the ENTER button on the POD?

...If I want to go from user1 to HD. Everything I programed onto user1 is also on HD,metal,style,artist and mix...

Yes sir. I select the setlist preset then push enter on the pedal. It will load the heading let's say HD but all the settings and presets under that label is the same  as worship. I know this has to be something stupid I am doing wrong from the computer to the pod. I only have all the settings for tones for worship only on every setlist on the pod

The problem seems to revolve around using the 'All' selection for saving the Edit setlists to the POD setlists.  Unfortunately the HD500X edit manual doesn't say anything about this function, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to work.

What is curious to me is that, from your description, it sounds like the setlists on the Edit program displays the correct patches even though the POD itself doesn't.  I would think that when you connect the POD to the  Edit program, the program would re-sync with the POD and the erroneous patches would be reflected at that point in the Edit program the same as they are in the Pod.  But from your description that doesn't seem to be the case.

At any rate, if the Edit program is displaying the correct patches AND you have the Pod connected to the Edit program, you might want to try selecting each setlist individually in the Edit program and syncing it with the Pod using the Setlist button rather than the All button.  Try it one at a time and see if it changes the setlists on the Pod correctly.  Since I've never used the All button to sync with the Pod there may be some odd bug there I'm not aware of.

Yes sir that is what I am trying to say. The edit program with the pod connected shows all the presets like they should be. The pod itself shows the title for each preset but has only worship settings on all of them. It is kinda like having 6 different game titles but all are the same game under different titles. If that makes any more sense?  I am going to try the individual again and see what happens this time. I won't hit sync all button just try it individually this round.

I have also used the line 6 pod vid for the edit program. It still does the same thing. Like I said I just know I am screwing up somewhere just don't have enough knowledge on this unit yet to know what. It is easier figuring out gear ratios or box rise with voltage resistance than figuring out how this beast works haha

Wanted to update this real fast. I don't know what happened really. But I reset the pedals software and resynced the pedal to the edit program. Now every set list is different now. Each one one pedal is what the edit program shows on the computer. Now it works and I have all of them plus my new setlists. Any clue if this was a glitch or something?

I do thank you all for the help with trying to figure this out 

You probably went through some weird permutation of unhooking the POD from the software, or some other strange sequence.  At any rate...don't do it again!!!  ;)

Honestly, I think it has something to do with using the "All" button to sync.  Not sure what that would be, but I think the process most people follow is to simply sync each patch to the POD once they've got it dialed in and before moving on to the next patch, and then just press the POD's save button to ensure it's written to the POD's memory.  I think anything other than that is pretty dangerous if you're modifying a group of patches.  That seems too prone to failure if you lose power or something.

To be honest, the only thing I use the Edit program for is to save a setlist or a specific patch to my computer's hard drive.  The Edit program is nice, but it's not going to be there with you in rehearsal or when it's time to play live.  So you might as well learn to modify the patches from the POD interface.  Once you've learned the POD interface there's not much reason to use the edit other than to save them.

edit is pretty glitchy. I only use it when I have to. Like today, I decided to reorganize my patches, and to silence my guitar input I had turned the tuner on. Doing so (I assume) made things save funny and I lost a patch because of it

edit is pretty glitchy. I only use it when I have to. Like today, I decided to reorganize my patches, and to silence my guitar input I had turned the tuner on. Doing so (I assume) made things save funny and I lost a patch because of it

BTW: Is there a list of thing which only can be done using the editor?

BTW: Is there a list of thing which only can be done using the editor?

negative, whatever is doable via editor, is also doable on the unit direct (even the copy/move patch procedures).

on the contrary, modifying the 10 (or 12) system setup pages is only possible on the unit direct (excluding tempo, input 1/2 settings, variax-jtv settings, midi+L6 link configuration, which r also accessible via edit).

Hold the view button and you'll get a 11 or so page menu. Flipping through this, you can change a lot of stuff you can't change on the editor, global EQ, ABCD vs FS1-8 mode, etc. I believe the input settings are on page 2

Hm. Where can I find the input-setting (Guitar / x) or is this declared via the system setup pages and is linked to the active preset if I switch from global to preset?

on the editor, input setting params r located on the upper left corner of the screen (under the tag INPUTS).

You probably went through some weird permutation of unhooking the POD from the software, or some other strange sequence.  At any rate...don't do it again!!!  ;)

Honestly, I think it has something to do with using the "All" button to sync.  Not sure what that would be, but I think the process most people follow is to simply sync each patch to the POD once they've got it dialed in and before moving on to the next patch, and then just press the POD's save button to ensure it's written to the POD's memory.  I think anything other than that is pretty dangerous if you're modifying a group of patches.  That seems too prone to failure if you lose power or something.

To be honest, the only thing I use the Edit program for is to save a setlist or a specific patch to my computer's hard drive.  The Edit program is nice, but it's not going to be there with you in rehearsal or when it's time to play live.  So you might as well learn to modify the patches from the POD interface.  Once you've learned the POD interface there's not much reason to use the edit other than to save them.

Ok. I will remember that in the future. True sir. I just like the edit program because it is bigger and prettier haha.

I have noticed that actually while playing with the program. 

• 1 year later...