Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

jshimkoski

Hey everybody,

I just pushed out a huge update to http://helixhelp.com

Everyone will probably need to update their bookmarks due to some changes I had to make in the upgrade.

The site is way more robust and expandable with a modern design and pretty pictures of each amp.

I've also started adding the Release Notes for each firmware release and have the Helix Cheat Sheet available on the home page.

Also, don't forget to checkout my new IR Manager. There is a beta available for Mac with a Windows version soon to follow. You can find it at Helix Help as well.

One more thing... Make a new patch with the new Line 6 Badonk... It sounds amazing!

Happy picking,

Jason

• Upvote 6

Hey Jason, IR Manager looks awesome, very cool, thank you! Definitely will check it out when there's a Windows version.

Couple questions, not to be taken as complaints...

- There's been some discussion about the editor seeming to sort by title metadata rather than file name. Is that how IR Manager controls IR order, by setting that? To put it more directly, are you finding that dragging the exported files onto the editor reliably leaves them in the order you specified?

- It doesn't know anything about what patches or IRs are on your Helix, does it ?

- If it does, is there any  way to see which slots are and aren't used in your existing patches? That's key to reasonable IR management. (Not that this isn't useful without it, just would be a great feature.)

(Side note, first time I went to look at this, it was 404, and I wondered if was a cruel April Fools joke! But I think it must have been while the site was under construction.)

Excellent work Jason! You are very generous but I do hope some people are noticing your Donate link! (I did.)

One suggestion: Your Reset Options currently only deal with the Helix floor model. The Helix Rack has a different set of button-pushing. Could you also include this?

Helix Rack
Since the rack doesn't have footswitches, you'll instead hold down a combination of the 6 encoders that are below the main LCD screen as you're booting up.

ENC2 & ENC3 - reset globals
ENC3 & ENC4 - restore stock presets and setlists
ENC4 & ENC5 - restore stock presets, setlists, and IRs
ENC5 & ENC6 - reset globals and restore presets, setlists, and IRs (entire factory restore)
ENC1 & ENC3 - rebuild all presets
ENC1 & ENC5 - clear all presets, setlists, and IRs
ENC1 & ENC6 - will enter Update Mode (This feature is only available on firmware v1.06.5 and higher)

Hey Jason, IR Manager looks awesome, very cool, thank you! Definitely will check it out when there's a Windows version.

Couple questions, not to be taken as complaints...

- There's been some discussion about the editor seeming to sort by title metadata rather than file name. Is that how IR Manager controls IR order, by setting that? To put it more directly, are you finding that dragging the exported files onto the editor reliably leaves them in the order you specified?

- It doesn't know anything about what patches or IRs are on your Helix, does it ?

- If it does, is there any  way to see which slots are and aren't used in your existing patches? That's key to reasonable IR management. (Not that this isn't useful without it, just would be a great feature.)

(Side note, first time I went to look at this, it was 404, and I wondered if was a cruel April Fools joke! But I think it must have been while the site was under construction.)

1. The IR Manager simply prepends each file with a numerical value, from 001_ to 128_. This is how the beta version does it and I haven't experienced any problems myself. That said, if a solution comes to light, I'll update the IR Manager to utilize it.

2. The IR Manager knows nothing of any of your current patches. It doesn't interface with the Helix application at all. That said, I've found that being able to save your IR bundles for later use REALLY helps with upgrade hell as all of your ordered IRs can always be recalled by just opening the appropriate *.irbnd files with the IR Manager and re-exporting them.

3. I covered this a little in #2 but all you'll really need to do is save your *.irbnd file once and at a later time when you need to reimport your IR list into the Helix (upon upgrade perhaps), all you need to do is load up your previously saved *.irbnd file (this is the file extension that the IR Manager saves in, btw) and re-export the list to a new directory, then just select them for import in the Helix app.

And finally, I'll start looking into an automatic synchronize feature that can figure out what your IR list in your Helix is, and create a *.irbnd file from that list... Not sure how feasible that will be though.

Excellent work Jason! You are very generous but I do hope some people are noticing your Donate link! (I did.)

One suggestion: Your Reset Options currently only deal with the Helix floor model. The Helix Rack has a different set of button-pushing. Could you also include this?

Helix Rack

Since the rack doesn't have footswitches, you'll instead hold down a combination of the 6 encoders that are below the main LCD screen as you're booting up.

ENC2 & ENC3 - reset globals

ENC3 & ENC4 - restore stock presets and setlists

ENC4 & ENC5 - restore stock presets, setlists, and IRs

ENC5 & ENC6 - reset globals and restore presets, setlists, and IRs (entire factory restore)

ENC1 & ENC3 - rebuild all presets

ENC1 & ENC5 - clear all presets, setlists, and IRs

ENC1 & ENC6 - will enter Update Mode (This feature is only available on firmware v1.06.5 and higher)

Thanks for this information. I've added it to Helix Help.

And thanks for the donation! Helix Help was starting to get a bit expensive and these donations will definitely help mitigate the costs.