Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

I have recently buy a Helix LT, It sounds great so far and I love it, I have used Line 6 since more than 10 years ago, my first pedal board was the XT Live and then I got the HD500X, those were great as well, I had no problem with them but it seems like the helix is a little bit more complicated in terms of software, my LT has the 2.71 firmware, I download the editor and the latest driver I could find here, I installed everything with the Helix unplugged, I can see the helix as part of my external devices but when I try to use the editor I'm getting a message saying "no device connected", happened the same thing with the Line 6 updater, the screen is all black as if no device was connected.

 

Am I missing something?, Do I need to do or install something else?.

 

 

Thanks in advance.

45762728_507688616395182_4971623454861164544_n.jpg

45798298_2335382986490308_6515238381830537216_n.jpg

45803851_278035549579590_3928406959866249216_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes I have to open and close HX Edit a couple of times before it "sees" the Helix.

If you play audio from the computer, does the sound come through the Helix?

Are you connected directly to the computer's USB (correct way), or to a hub (BAD)? 

Could also be a bad cable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ran into this when I tried to connect Helix to my Windows 10 machine, screwed with it forever and it would not talk. For now I’ve just gone back to using my iMac which works fine, but it is frustrating as I want to dedicate the Windows machine to music stuff and this is a wrench in the works....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problems with multiple Win10 machines and, surprisingly, the latest update (1809...latest 12/18) actually seems to have FIXED the problem of having to open/close HX Edit multiple times. Who woulda' thought that a Microsoft update would actually FIX something (without breaking something else.....so far so good....)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you still getting this problem?  I know you mentioned that you already downloaded drivers, but when I had the HX Stomp this happened to me and I realized I hadn't downloaded the specific required Windows driver.

 

I believe for the Helix it's this one:

Version 1.91
Released 9/13/18

 

If that doesn't work, you could try using earlier versions of the driver, or you could try running HX Edit in compatibility with earlier versions of Windows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this problem with Windows 10 every once and awhile.  What I do is this:

 

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:
    Click Start, and then click Run. ... 
    Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. ..

That should "reset" the usb so Helix will connect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 11:02 AM, rd2rk said:

Sometimes I have to open and close HX Edit a couple of times before it "sees" the Helix.

If you play audio from the computer, does the sound come through the Helix?

Are you connected directly to the computer's USB (correct way), or to a hub (BAD)? 

Could also be a bad cable.

Yes, I am using the USB cable, I tried to do the open/close with the editor but still didn't work,  haven't tried to use another cable but the reason why I disregard that option is because the helix is being connected to my pc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 12:47 PM, peterhome said:

I have this problem with Windows 10 every once and awhile.  What I do is this:

 

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:
    Click Start, and then click Run. ... 
    Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. ..

That should "reset" the usb so Helix will connect

Have tried but had no luck :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2019 at 4:58 PM, Kilrahi said:

Are you still getting this problem?  I know you mentioned that you already downloaded drivers, but when I had the HX Stomp this happened to me and I realized I hadn't downloaded the specific required Windows driver.

 

I believe for the Helix it's this one:

Version 1.91
Released 9/13/18

 

If that doesn't work, you could try using earlier versions of the driver, or you could try running HX Edit in compatibility with earlier versions of Windows.

Yes, still not able to make the editor and the helix to talk to each other, I download that version of the driver and it is the one I'm using, I can see a ton of drivers, what would you suggest for an "earlier" driver?, thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, scarletneedle said:

the reason why I disregard that option is because the helix is being connected to my pc.

 

I meant the USB cable. They do go bad, and I've heard others say (not often) that the one that came with the Helix was bad out of the box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×