Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp 2.81 links broken?

longi17

You don’t want to download that file directly. All you need to download is the latest version of HX Edit. That will give you the latest version of HX Edit, Line 6 Updater and the drivers. Run Line 6 Updater after doing that with your Stomp connected and it will send the update.

6 hours ago, longi17 said:

Just curious to know if 2.81 for HX Stomp has been pulled. Every time I try and download it I get this error message.

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://l6c-acdn2.line6.net/media/software/9209/HX_Stomp_v2.81.0-rc2_b6b4b0acf_bundle.hxf
Line Number 1, Column 5:

Many thanks.

I get that error when using firefox, not other browsers.

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2019 at 9:07 PM, HERCULEES1 said:

the updater tool does not work , I have tried countless times on 2 different computers. I also would like a direct link to the file needed. Why does line 6 have such buggy fw updates , my other gear doesnt . the updater fails over and over again . Why cant they fix this?

1. Breath
  2. Read the Instructions...
  3. Read the instructions again...
  4. Attempt update
  5. If you run into problems... contact support WITH SPECIFICS... not just "it doesn't work"

IME... those steps work nicely for almost anything that fails to work as expected, not just a Helix update! 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HERCULEES1 said:

the updater tool does not work

Which Updater does not work? 

Are you certain that you have the correct version?

I can understand your frustration, but “it doesn’t work” is not going to get a helpful response as you don’t give much to go on. You state that you tried 2 computers, although you haven’t said what type and OS. You haven’t said what version of the firmware you are currently using.

You also say say that you would like a direct link to the file needed. Well, it’s available, maybe you just can’t find it, but I would advise that if you cannot get the Updater to function automatically as it should, would you really want to attempt to do it yourself?

Just in case you missed this or didn’t bother to read these instructions - do yourself a favour and read them now! 

You only need to download the HX Edit 2.81 package which includes the latest Updater, drivers and HX Edit. 

Updating HX Effects/HX Stomp to 2.81  

(DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL AFTER YOU'VE UPDATED HX EDIT TO 2.81!)

1. Shut down all Line 6 software or any programs that use audio, like DAWs, iTunes, Spotify, video games, etc.
  2. Connect your HX processor to a Mac or PC via USB (do not use any sort of USB hub) and turn it on.
  3. Launch Line 6 Updater. The latest version was automatically installed when you installed HX Edit 2.81 in "STEP 2—Updating HX Edit to 2.80" above.
  4. Enter your Line 6 Username and Password and click "Sign In." A big green box appears with a picture of your HX product. Click the big green box and then click "Update" next to Version: 2.81.
  5. Carefully read the instructions (HEY! DID YOU BACK UP FIRST?), click "Continue," and then "Accept." When finished, your HX device restarts automatically.

My guess is that the only way to fix this is to take humans out of the update process, a bit like Apple do with an iPhone. 

My guess is that the only way to fix this is to take humans out of the update process, a bit like Apple do with an iPhone. 

It should work, but it doesn't. Therefore, it doesn't work. Whatda u want, a rubba biscuit?

; )

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, spikey said:

It should work, but it doesn't. Therefore, it doesn't work. Whatda u want, a rubba biscuit?

; )

This whole thread doesn't work.

There, I said it. 

Granted I forgot to update my thread to 2.81 before attempting to read it. 

• Haha 1