Jump to content
prorenzo

DAWs wont recognize HX stomp as an interface after big windows update

Recommended Posts

My DAWs (Reaper and Cakewalk) wont recognize HX stomp as an interface after big windows update about 3 days ago. I've already updated to v2.81 when it came out. I am doing recording next week and in need of a quick fix! I have to use the digital USB ins and outs in order to record DI signals as my interface only has 1 input.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try reinstalling the HX Stomp drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Try reinstalling the HX Stomp drivers.

 

Don't forget to reboot your computer afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, i have done the above the above, reinstall the HX stomp 2.81 drivers and reboot my computer, problem did not go away.


I am a bit puzzled as to how the line 6 helix drivers work. From what it looks like the updates are meant for the Helix unit itself, and not for the computer.

My issue now is currently that the 'HX Stomp Asio' does not appear under the list of of audio devices in both my DAWs. Would like to add that the HX stomp does appear on the windows control panel settings and I am able to use the HX stomp there but only for windows audio playback, not the DAW.

 

The only workaround I have is via Asio4all v2 where I am able to select the HX stomp within the DAW, but is this recommended?

 

Does anyone have the same issue after the major windows 10 update? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't had this issue on either of my laptops, but only one of them gets the regular updates. The one I need to use for recording only gets updated manually. 

It's a really good idea to have the most "pro" version of any OS on a computer than you NEED to work all the time so you can control the update schedule, and it's a good idea to only install updates if you absolutely NEED to, as well as limited internet use for work-critical hardware. If everything is working, there's no reason to change anything.

 

You could try rolling back from Startup by holding SHIFT down while you select RESTART from the power options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, prorenzo said:

Yes, i have done the above the above, reinstall the HX stomp 2.81 drivers and reboot my computer, problem did not go away.

 

Re-install the HX Edit 2.81 software. 

  • When it gets to the screen with the OPTIONS to install... just leave them all checked, it's the safest route. I've seen a lot of talk in these forum about users "unchecking" the WinUSB drivers.... that would be a big mistake. 
  • Restart your system after the install
  • If the problem continues.... try different USB ports... even if that port has always worked in the past. 
3 hours ago, prorenzo said:

I am a bit puzzled as to how the line 6 helix drivers work. From what it looks like the updates are meant for the Helix unit itself, and not for the computer.

 

Don't make an assumption like this. The HX Edit package includes many drivers that are required by Windows so it can communicate with the HX line. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, codamedia said:

 

Re-install the HX Edit 2.81 software. 

  • When it gets to the screen with the OPTIONS to install... just leave them all checked, it's the safest route. I've seen a lot of talk in these forum about users "unchecking" the WinUSB drivers.... that would be a big mistake. 
  • Restart your system after the install
  • If the problem continues.... try different USB ports... even if that port has always worked in the past. 

 

Don't make an assumption like this. The HX Edit package includes many drivers that are required by Windows so it can communicate with the HX line. 

 

Thank you! I assumed the HX-Edit software was strictly meant for editing presets on your Helix pedal, did not realize it contained the drivers for windows as well. I reinstalled the firmware 3 times to no avail, but reinstalling "HX Edit" did the trick.

Instead of only putting Bug Fixes and Known Issues on their download page for each software, line 6 should also put an overview of WHAT IT IS in the first place. It was misleading for me as they is no mention of drivers on the HX Edit installer, until you actually run the installer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, prorenzo said:

Instead of only putting Bug Fixes and Known Issues on their download page for each software, line 6 should also put an overview of WHAT IT IS in the first place. It was misleading for me as they is no mention of drivers on the HX Edit installer, until you actually run the installer.

 

The instructions for updating the firmware makes it really clear about how important it is to update HX Edit first...

If people can't see this line (below) in the instructions... surely they won't understand if HX Edit said "this also contains drivers" :) 

 

STEP 2—Updating HX Edit to 2.81 (YOU MUST DO THIS BEFORE UPDATING YOUR HELIX/HX FIRMWARE!)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, codamedia said:

 

The instructions for updating the firmware makes it really clear about how important it is to update HX Edit first...

If people can't see this line (below) in the instructions... surely they won't understand if HX Edit said "this also contains drivers" :) 

 

STEP 2—Updating HX Edit to 2.81 (YOU MUST DO THIS BEFORE UPDATING YOUR HELIX/HX FIRMWARE!)

 

You can't get much clearer than BIG RED CAPITALIZED AND BOLDED LETTERS WITH EXCLAMATION POINT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×