Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Has anyone tried the new 1.06 firmware for there G10T

PsychoPops

Just curious to see if anyone has tried this new firmware for the relay G10T/? I just got an email today about it and I'm wondering if it has made your G10 usable again. I rushed to install the 1.05 on all 4 of my G10s and that was a big mistake. there semi usable but I really wish I wouldn't have. They worked great and I loved them until the 1.05 update which made them almost entirely unusable. Would like to hear some feedback on the 1.06 update and see what people are experiencing.

9 hours ago, PsychoPops said:

Just curious to see if anyone has tried this new firmware for the relay G10T/? I just got an email today about it and I'm wondering if it has made your G10 usable again. I rushed to install the 1.05 on all 4 of my G10s and that was a big mistake. there semi usable but I really wish I wouldn't have. They worked great and I loved them until the 1.05 update which made them almost entirely unusable. Would like to hear some feedback on the 1.06 update and see what people are experiencing.

I'm rather curious myself... however, I will wait for the fallout this time, as well.

3 hours ago, gmorgan01 said:

I'm trying to locate the 1.06 update but I keep being taken to the Line 6 Updater version 1.19 which was released 3/12/20 (so March).

Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 22.17.02.png

1.19 is the latest version of Line 6 Updater. Once you have your G10 connected to it, it will find and download the correct flash file.

I decided to update two of the four that I have and they seem to be charging and syncing correctly but I really won't know till I Jam tomorrow night and see how long the battery lasts. I should not have to change out transmitters in 3 hours. Last year on New year's Eve we jammed for over 4 hours and I never had to change out transmitters. after the 105 update they would last maybe 2 hours if you could get them to sync and charge correctly.

Edited by PsychoPops

Update! Ended up updating all 4 of my G10T's and fully charging them. Had a jam last night 2 guitar players and a bass player. We all played for about 3 1/2 hours and had no issues. Don't know how much power was left on them when we were done but none of them were flashing. With the 1.05 update this was not possible.

On 8/31/2020 at 2:46 PM, macjones5544 said:

People in the other 'issue' thread say they are getting less than an hour after 1.06. 

Is anyone else getting 3 hour battery life now?

I think you can get around 3 hours with units pretty much new, but those which were getting ~2 hours after the 1.05, they'll be getting the same after 1.06, just without glitches during charging, which is good tho.

I believe none of them lasts 6 hours as advertised. 

On 9/4/2020 at 3:13 PM, Bebouar said:

I wonder why Line6 refuse to add downgrade option. I used to play 8 hours without charging!

Because they rather you not downgrading than paying a million dollar lawsuit for a unit burning down your house.

I installed the new FW and I noticed that the battery life is shortened a lot...Now It works for less than an hour and it need to be recharged...it's very frustrating especially in live!---

It is possible to downgrade? I can't find the previous version of the firmware in the website.

thank you

BR

M.

On 9/4/2020 at 9:13 AM, Bebouar said:

I wonder why Line6 refuse to add downgrade option. I used to play 8 hours without charging!

Because somewhere out there some undisclosed number of units melted while left charging, and now every single one that's been sold is a potential liability. Like it or not, this is the chosen "solution". Access to the older firmware will never be provided.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I upgraded to v1.1 R and v1.6 T from v1.0 R and v1.1 T. My G10 was perfect, and lasted 8 hrs. Now it's completely buggered. It's fully charged, plays for 5 mins then goes red and conks out.  Won't reawaken, and base flashes red.  

I am damned angry - I've opened a ticket. The ONLY reason I 'upgraded' was because of the safety message scare.  Now my G10 is ruined. 

I updated my firmware to 1.06 and now my transmitter pretty much dies within 15 minutes. I put it back in the receiver to charge, once the led is a solid green i try again.. same thing. Dead within a song or two. i should have never updated. I had zero issues before and mine never overheated. and NOW people are saying that after the firmware update it only has about 2 hours of use. This thing is a 200 dollar paperweight.. Looks like they basically gave up on this product and just added this firmware update to prevent a law suit and moved on. If you have not updated your unit DON'T DO IT. Someone told me it could be because mine was sitting un-used for about a year. If that is the case, then that is even more of a reason to stay away from this thing. But i dont  think that is the case for me. I played for a good hour and a half before i did the update and the transmitter was still a solid green. I was rehearsing a set list for an upcoming gig this weekend and about a set into it i thought to myself " I should probably update the firmware before the gig".....huge mistake. THEY NEED TO FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 2/6/2021 at 4:56 AM, Superdave7174 said:

I updated my firmware to 1.06 and now my transmitter pretty much dies within 15 minutes. I put it back in the receiver to charge, once the led is a solid green i try again.. same thing. Dead within a song or two. i should have never updated. I had zero issues before and mine never overheated. and NOW people are saying that after the firmware update it only has about 2 hours of use. This thing is a 200 dollar paperweight.. Looks like they basically gave up on this product and just added this firmware update to prevent a law suit and moved on. If you have not updated your unit DON'T DO IT. Someone told me it could be because mine was sitting un-used for about a year. If that is the case, then that is even more of a reason to stay away from this thing. But i dont  think that is the case for me. I played for a good hour and a half before i did the update and the transmitter was still a solid green. I was rehearsing a set list for an upcoming gig this weekend and about a set into it i thought to myself " I should probably update the firmware before the gig".....huge mistake. THEY NEED TO FIX THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, I have a number of questions to put to Line 6 about this as the situation is not a satisfactory one. Theres clearly a design issue, as the Boss WL50 which is comparable to the G10S, gives 12 hours battery life.  I'm sure Line 6 will replace the unit, but this is a short term fix only and customers deserve to know what Line 6 intend to do longer term. 

• 1 month later...

Update: the numerous reports on various forums that even brand new units seem to only give around 2.5-3 hrs battery life would appear to be accurate. Having waited a month for a new replacement, my brand new G10T holds charge for only 2.5-3hrs.

Line 6 this is simply not good enough. If the Boss WL20 and WL50 can give 10-12 hrs battery life, I'm struggling to understand why there is a problem with the G10T.

Needless to say, I have logged a ticket with Line 6 support requesting either  G10 II to try out ( before having to return the new G10T) or a full refund because the G10T is no longer the unit I bought and the severely reduced battery life means it is no longer fit for purpose.  

• 2 months later...
On 3/21/2021 at 8:12 AM, voxman55 said:

Update: the numerous reports on various forums that even brand new units seem to only give around 2.5-3 hrs battery life would appear to be accurate. Having waited a month for a new replacement, my brand new G10T holds charge for only 2.5-3hrs.

Line 6 this is simply not good enough. If the Boss WL20 and WL50 can give 10-12 hrs battery life, I'm struggling to understand why there is a problem with the G10T.

Needless to say, I have logged a ticket with Line 6 support requesting either  G10 II to try out ( before having to return the new G10T) or a full refund because the G10T is no longer the unit I bought and the severely reduced battery life means it is no longer fit for purpose.  

Same issue here. I played my G10 *exactly* once and then stored it!!!

unboxed it upgraded to 1.06 and I get less than 15 minutes worth of play!!!

Did it take a month to receive replacement from the repair shop???