Sign in to follow this  
GazzaBloom

Podhd Tap Tempo Light - On Or Off?

I left it on for about 20 minutes and then turned it off....it is so annoying!

Are you an "on" or "off" player?

On, then off. on then off. on, then off. on, then off.....

I know it's intensely mesmerizing, but you could just quit looking at it...I don't care if it's blinking out "Yankee Doodle Dandy" in Morse code. :P

I'm an on guy.  I hate it, but, it's kinda good to see the tempo when you need it.......

Always on, never cared about being constantly flashed :D

Disabled within first 5 mins of owning the device. Forgot it existed until now. Will promptly forget again.

The more blinking lights I can have in my rig, the better... Makes me feel like I'm flying a spaceship! B)

The more blinking lights I can have in my rig, the better... Makes me feel like I'm flying a spaceship! B)

Do you know the life span of an LED?  :P

Power on...power off...power on...power off....how long will it last?

Probably longer than the Pod it's installed in.

For the record, I leave mine on. It's far less distracting than most stage lighting.

Do you know the life span of an LED? :P

Do you know the life span of an LED?  :P

LEDs themselves don't really burn out... They slowly fade away. But, for LED used in light fixtures, the useful life is now up around 100,000 hours. And by useful, that means when they're at 70% of their original output. For LED used solely as indicators, I imagine the life would be much greater than that. As far as blinking goes, LEDs actually "like" to be switched on and off. It doesn't affect their life negatively at all. It actually extends it. The electronics in the rest of the equipment are way more likely to fail before a LED dies.

I actually work in the lighting industry, and LEDs are essentially the present and future of that industry, so I have learned way more than anyone needs to know about LEDs in the last five years or so!

LEDs themselves don't really burn out... They slowly fade away. But, for LED used in light fixtures, the useful life is now up around 100,000 hours. And by useful, that means when they're at 70% of their original output. For LED used solely as indicators, I imagine the life would be much greater than that. As far as blinking goes, LEDs actually "like" to be switched on and off. It doesn't affect their life negatively at all. It actually extends it. The electronics in the rest of the equipment are way more likely to fail before a LED dies.

I actually work in the lighting industry, and LEDs are essentially the present and future of that industry, so I have learned way more than anyone needs to know about LEDs in the last five years or so!

Jeez, I was joking! You guys!

I didn't know I could turn it off! But I'll leave it on as it helps my see if I got the tap at the correct tempo (which is what it's for I presume).