Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor/LT/Rack v3.6 Factory Setlists

silverhead

The documented installation instructions leaves all current setlists and presets intact. Even if you perform the recommended factory reset following the firmware update, the subsequent Restore from Backup step overwrites any new or modified factory presets unless you deselect them.

Since there are new factory presets in v3.6. here they are for convenience.

FACTORY 1.hls FACTORY 2.hls TEMPLATES.hls

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

By following the instructions you have the new factory presets briefly and temporarily. The firmware update itself does not install them. They are installed when you perform the factory reset, but then are immediately overwritten when you do a full Restore from Backup. in order to retain the new factory presets you need to deselect them (remove the check mark beside Setlists 1, 2, and 8 in the exploded Presets list) during the Restoration procedure.

I considered describing exactly how to do that but it's simpler to just provide them directly.

• Upvote 2

On 4/25/2023 at 2:56 PM, silverhead said:

By following the instructions you have the new factory presets briefly and temporarily. The firmware update itself does not install them. They are installed when you perform the factory reset, but then are immediately overwritten when you do a full Restore from Backup. in order to retain the new factory presets you need to deselect them (remove the check mark beside Setlists 1, 2, and 8 in the exploded Presets list) during the Restoration procedure.

I considered describing exactly how to do that but it's simpler to just provide them directly.

Yeah, I did not restore from backup after the reset just so I could try the new presets. But they weren't there. 

On 4/25/2023 at 4:17 PM, wem3 said:

I did the update.  My Helix Edit now shows ver 3.60 with the Helix LT showing ver 3.50.  I did a factory reset, but I don't show any of the new amps, etc. Any ideas?

While in HX Edit, login to your user account (see bottom left corner of HX Edit). You should be prompted to update your firmware to v3.6. Follow the instructions.

When I login in HX Edit, I'm not  prompted to update.  When I 'Check For Updates',  HX Edit will check, then return 'no updates available'. I'm confused as to why the LT shows 3.50 and HX Edit shows 3.60. (see screenshot below) I did do the factory reset and even ran the LIne 6 Updater...still no new amps/cabs etc... I can import the new factory list, but the amp is missing in the preset using the new Grammatico GSG

Screen Shot 2023-04-26 at 7.04.18 AM.png

On 4/26/2023 at 1:34 AM, marcusdg said:

Same here, no new presets after importing the above factory lists.

The factory setlists I attached above do indeed contain the new presets in v3.6 as identified in the release notes. You need to be running v3.6 of both the HX Edit program and the device firmware. 

On 4/26/2023 at 8:13 AM, wem3 said:

When I login in HX Edit, I'm not  prompted to update.  When I 'Check For Updates',  HX Edit will check, then return 'no updates available'. I'm confused as to why the LT shows 3.50 and HX Edit shows 3.60. (see screenshot below) I did do the factory reset and even ran the LIne 6 Updater...still no new amps/cabs etc... I can import the new factory list, but the amp is missing in the preset using the new Grammatico GSG

That’s unusual. I would open a support ticket.

On 4/26/2023 at 5:13 AM, wem3 said:

Are you using an older Mac OS? I heard of one person having issues similar to this.

On 4/26/2023 at 10:23 AM, brue58ski said:

Are you using an older Mac OS? I heard of one person having issues similar to this.

3.60 WILL NOT run if you have El Capitan (10.11.6) It doesn't download the new files. I pulled out an old Win 7 laptop and completed the upgrade.  That done, HX Edit appears to run fine  on that OSX, so I can still edit on my Mac.

On 4/26/2023 at 8:13 AM, wem3 said:

Same here.  4B is new.  13A and 13B are not.

On 4/25/2023 at 1:36 PM, silverhead said:

The documented installation instructions leaves all current setlists and presets intact. Even if you perform the recommended factory reset following the firmware update, the subsequent Restore from Backup step overwrites any new or modified factory presets unless you deselect them.

Since there are new factory presets in v3.6. here they are for convenience.

FACTORY 1.hls 140.62 kB · 58 downloads FACTORY 2.hls 91.27 kB · 42 downloads TEMPLATES.hls 29.15 kB · 34 downloads

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 3:49 AM, JFRogers said:

Here's the popup I get when importing the FACTORY 1 or FACTORY 2 setlists:    I'm importing to an HX Stomp, v. 3.60.0, using HX Edit, v. 3.60.

Any thoughts why?

image.png.2600d6d90818aa3ffda6ce02864139f7.png

Hi,

That’s because you are trying to import files designed to be used in dual processor devices into your HX Stomp.

The presets here are specifically for use with HELIX, HELIX LT & HELIX RACK.

If you want to check out the presets for your Stomp, ensure you have a backup of all your stuff (this should have been done prior to updating the firmware), then restart your HX Stomp whist holding down footswitches 2&3. This will load the new presets for you to check out, play around with, save or whatever. Then whenever you wish you can simply reload your own saved presets from your backup bundle.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Upvote 1

On 5/6/2023 at 6:41 AM, datacommando said:

….

Correct. I have changed the thread title accordingly. Thanks.

• Upvote 1

• silverhead changed the title to Helix Floor/LT/Rack v3.6 Factory Setlists
On 5/6/2023 at 3:41 AM, datacommando said:

Hi,

That’s because you are trying to import files designed to be used in dual processor devices into your HX Stomp.

If you want to check out the presets for your Stomp, ensure you have a backup of all your stuff (this should have been done prior to updating the firmware), then restart your HX Stomp whist holding down footswitches 2&3. This will load the new presets for you to check out, play around with, save or whatever. Then whenever you wish you can simply reload your own saved presets from your backup bundle.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Thanks for the feedback.  That's what I was thinking.  The message looked like my unit couldn't handle some of the presets.

@silverhead Thanks for changing the thread title.

Cheers

• Like 1