Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cab blocks : Helix vs Axe-Fx vs Quad Cortex...

fremen

I wanted to do such a video for a few months : a comparison between the cab blocks of three different modelers, Helix, Axe-Fx III, Quad Cortex, in which you can freely chose your mics and position them, in front of the virtual speaker.

As I just got the Bogren Digital MLC Subzero 100 plugin, which promise something unique in its cab block ("IRDX Technology"), I added this one too. At the end of the video, as a bonus and for reference, I also show some "traditional" static IRs : my own, the ones from the John Petrucci Tonemission pack, and three different Ownhammer packs.

I recommend watching this on youtube, as there's a long description there, with chapters, my thoughts on each of these cabs, + some infos for Helix users !
  • Like 2

Re: Helix "Dual Cab" matching - in Preferences there's a setting - "Link Dual Cabs". It only applies when you load the first (on the left) cab, the second cab (on the right) can be set independently.

• Like 1

Well done... not my tone/style but you can clearly hear what is happening to the tones during the changes, regardless of the platform. 

Any thread debating radical EQ and filters should be directed to this one. The most important EQ is the "cab>mic>position". Get that right and the rest gets a lot easier.

• Like 2