Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor : retrieve presets, snapshots or bank list and name via MIDI

BackSlash33

Hello,

How can we retrieve the presets, snapshots, bank names or list using MIDI ? (SysEx,CC, PC, Note or else ?)

Is this possible ?

Thank you very much for any help on it.

Best regards.

• BackSlash33 changed the title to Helix Floor : retrieve presets, snapshots or bank list and name via MIDI

Hello,

Yes, i did read the MIDI section many times lol but nothing on the "presets list names" retrieval...

SysEx or FBV protocol maybe ?

Helix HX Edit can dot it so what is the trick ?

Thanks

If it isn’t documented it doesn’t exist….. Not everything can be done via MIdi. There’s no trick.

I think some people may have written a script to extract preset names from a setlist file, which is a JSON file. I’m not aware that anyone has made their script publicly available here.

Note : there is a joke in the doc : CC 128 does not exist i think lol

There are many other informations that could be set/retrieved from Helix (leds color status etc), so must be formalized in a protocol or else. (FBV)

On 7/21/2024 at 2:31 PM, BackSlash33 said:

Note : there is a joke in the doc : CC 128 does not exist i think lol

There are many other informations that could be set/retrieved from Helix (leds color status etc), so must be formalized in a protocol or else. (FBV)

HI,

The MIDI Implementation on HX products is fairly basic, AFAIK it was never designed to handle SysEx.

He is a link to - The "Unofficial" Helix MIDI Guide.

It's quite old now, but I don't think much has changed  in how the Helix handles MIDI since the document was compiled. It was originally created by "Stoopalini" and posted over on TGP back in 2018.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/the-unofficial-helix-midi-guide.1954544/

Helix Help also has this MIDI info.

https://helixhelp.com/tips-and-guides/universal/midi

If it's not listed in either of these resource documents, then it probably doesn't exist.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 7/21/2024 at 12:17 PM, BackSlash33 said:

….

But this still does not tell us how to retrieve the presets, snapshots or bank names.

That’s correct. Which means it cannot be done using MIDI. The Helix midi implementation simply does not support that.

On 7/21/2024 at 7:12 PM, BackSlash33 said:

HX Edit can do it... mystery remains...

No mystery - HX Edit is a dedicated piece of software specifically designed with that function. The clue is in the name.

I mentioned previously about the limitations of MIDI and SysEx - see the comment in this thread from Digital Igloo (the man who really knows).

Hope this helps/makes sense.