Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

On 10/16/2023 at 9:39 PM, Smashcraaft said:

F*** auto corrections :)) > additional editor option 

No one need ever know that your predictive text had messed with your posts.

If you ever need to edit a spelling error, or anything else in your post, you can click on the 3 small grey dots above your post and select “Edit” from the drop down menu.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

;-)

• Like 1

Please vote this up if intrested

The 3.5 feature Disable Snapshot Control over Parameter Assignments doesn't work when the parameter assigned to a foot swtich is an ext amp command.

At the moment is not possibile to use a foot switch for (physical) amp channel control and snapshots because when you change snapshot the helix will trigger the ext amp relay inverting the footswitch state (and any other assignment eventually made to that switch).

I suggest adding a Snapshot Control on/off option like it happens for any block parameter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but I'd like L6 to possibly add a feature in the HELIX world where Amp/Effect Parameters are automatically enabled for SNAPSHOTs so that things such as the DRIVE values in an Amp can be controlled via SNAPSHOTs for something like a CLEAN and DIRTY setting for each SNAPSHOT.  I know the feature is already there, but I'd like the option to have it enabled by default for all items in a Signal Chain.  I guess it's be a setting where for some users who'd never use it, it would be off but for others it would be on.  it would save a ton of time in creating patches without having to touch each parameter and enable it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that in Helix Native software there are input and output level indicators. Would it be possible to add this to HX Edit? Its difficult to tell using headphones how loud an amp will be in real life going direct to a sound system but with the indicator you can see where your at and how much headroom you would have. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

Hey Line 6 Team, would you consider the following suggestions:

A way to use command center to toggle between two midi program changes on a single footswitch on the HX stomp

Having the footswitch light always illuminated when cycling between snapshots on a single switch on the HX stomp (helps with viewing snapshot changes on bright stages)

Adding the flux feature to all HX products

A smart harmonizer that intelligently harmonizes vocals to the guitar input (like TC Helicon)

Thanks!

On 12/1/2023 at 1:03 PM, lewinmatthew said:

Hey Line 6 Team, would you consider the following suggestions:

A way to use command center to toggle between two midi program changes on a single footswitch on the HX stomp

Having the footswitch light always illuminated when cycling between snapshots on a single switch on the HX stomp (helps with viewing snapshot changes on bright stages)

Adding the flux feature to all HX products

A smart harmonizer that intelligently harmonizes vocals to the guitar input (like TC Helicon)

Thanks!

if you really want these things, you want to put them on idea scale. They don't monitor this space for these ideas.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One more wish - please either make it so that updates don't reset all the global routing parameters (digital vs xlr inputs, etc...) or at least make these (all) parameters editable from within HX Edit (and included in backups).

This drives me bonkers.

On 1/28/2024 at 10:01 PM, indigomirage said:

One more wish - please either make it so that updates don't reset all the global routing parameters (digital vs xlr inputs, etc...) or at least make these (all) parameters editable from within HX Edit (and included in backups).

This drives me bonkers.

Hi,

When you perform an update to the Firmware, you are required to perform a Factory Reset. It is the “Reset” that returns all your Global settings back to the default settings. This is why you’re instructed to make backup of all the stuff in your hardware unit prior to the update.

Following a successful update of the firmware it is also suggested that you perform a “Restore from Backup” using HX Edit. When using this, you have the option to restore all your “Global Settings” to return them to how they were before. It’s very quick and very simple, but necessary as the new Firmware resets everything to how it was straight out of the box. See page 84.

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a4167cd654eae06274c7/application/pdf/HX Edit Pilots Guide 3.70 - English .pdf

Furthermore, regarding your earlier post. There are no Line 6 staff here and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - (See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”).

This link is where you need to go to have any hope of your suggestion been seen by anyone from Line 6:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

Before posting any new ideas, please do a search to see if it's already been listed. Multiple requests for the same thing will thin out the votes. Also, post your ideas one at a time. Many users don’t vote for combined suggestions.

Then you should use the “sticky thread” in this forum to let other users know what your suggestions are, with links to IdeaScale, so they can vote on it if they wish.

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2024 at 12:20 AM, weswagner said:

Can we get a model of the hologram microcosm?

Here we go, once again,

There are no Line 6 staff here and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - (See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”).

This link is where you need to go to have any hope of your suggestion been seen by anyone from Line 6:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

Before posting any new ideas, please do a search to see if it's already been listed. Multiple requests for the same thing will thin out the votes. Also, post your ideas one at a time. Many users don’t vote for combined suggestions.

Then you should use this “sticky thread” in this forum to let other users know what your suggestions are, with links to IdeaScale, so they can vote on it if they wish.

------------------------------------------------------

Regarding your request, well, that all depends on how many people vote for the idea, which at the moment stands at eleven votes.

https://line6.ideascale.com/c/search?query=microcosm

The concept of the Hologram Microcosm emulation would probably use up at least the best part of one of the DSPs already in a Helix unit. Plus the helix already has a lot of the stuff built in that is in the Microcosm, it simply requires a little thought and experimentation. You have a Looper, Glitch Delay, Euclidean Delay, Poly Capo and many reverbs to try out in various orders. 

IIRC, John Nathan Cordy came up with a preset using those ideas, I think it was named "Icicles".

Do come back at let us all know when you have managed to make your own software version as a preset, or failing that, pick up a pre-owned Microcosm on Reverb and stick it in your FX Loop.

I don't know if it is something people would be interested (musicians I talk to would be for sure) but I have started the idea of a smaller footprint Helix. I am pretty sure when the Helix 2 come out, it will be the size of the Neural or something like that (other brands tend to this). If they released a full Helix the size of the HX Effects or the HX Stomp XL, I would buy it (or a little bit smaller than actual model without the expression pedal).

https://line6.ideascale.com/c/idea/106762

On 4/12/2024 at 8:33 AM, javierdp92 said:

I don't know if it is something people would be interested (musicians I talk to would be for sure) but I have started the idea of a smaller footprint Helix. I am pretty sure when the Helix 2 come out, it will be the size of the Neural or something like that (other brands tend to this). If they released a full Helix the size of the HX Effects or the HX Stomp XL, I would buy it (or a little bit smaller than actual model without the expression pedal).

https://line6.ideascale.com/c/idea/106762

I think it's a great idea, personally.

On 4/12/2024 at 8:33 AM, javierdp92 said:

… I have started the idea of a smaller footprint Helix….

To be fair, the idea of making electronic devices smaller began in the 1950’s or thereabouts when mainframe computers occupied entire basements of office buildings. I guess you mean you started an Idescale topic about it.

What exactly do you mean by a smaller footprint Helix that is different from, say, the HX Stomp XL?

I’d like to be able to wear a fully functional Helix on my wrist, or wear it on my belt like the size of the new POD Express. But there are certain physical size constraints. I haven’t done the exercise but it might be interesting to envision the minimum footprint required to physically accommodate all the Input, Output, FX Loops, Variax, USB, Optical….. hardware connectors, to say nothing of the 12 footswitches, that the Helix Floor or Rack/Control offer. Could they conceivably fit all that in a Stomp XL footprint? I don’t think so. Seems to me there’s not a lot of wasted real estate on the Helix Floor or Rack/Control. And once you start cutting out the hardware you’re no longer talking about Helix. You’re left with…. well, something like the HX family including the Stomp XL.