Helix Ideascale Community Submissions

TheRealZap

On 7/8/2022 at 9:17 AM, acousticglue said:

Helix Native can a VST3 plugin be added via what is Send/Return that would be like hardware unit? Be nice to insert VST3 plugins anywhere in chain.

It would be awesome to have this capability imho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it would be great if there was a way to possibly highlight or bold all the IRs that are currently being used in Presets.  This way others could be deleted and replaced without impacting current presets.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 1:33 AM, acousticglue said:

Laney amps, Ampeg guitar amps

I have been wanting Line 6 to add a model of the Ampeg VH-140C for so damn long. Laney would be interesting, but I find their amps don't have much of a unique voice of their own; they are loud as hell though.

I'd choose other amps to add before a Laney and that's with me owning both a VH-140C and a Laney VH100R (among others). For example I'd prefer the Make Dorado, Elmwood Modena 60, Groove Tubes Soul-O (Trio preamp, 30, 75/150, etc), and others.

I have two suggestions:

1. Add the ability to interactively trim, cut, copy, and paste audio. For example, with the looper, I'd like to be able to trim it down a loop to exactly what I want; think something along the lines of the Akai MPC.
  2. I'd like to be able to import and store (save) in the Helix backing tracks, drum track, and loops I've created with the Helix and be able to assign them to a block in whichever preset or snapshot I want.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure if this is the beat place but my wish is for a stand alone pitch pedal from Line 6. I find between my Drop pedal, Pitchfork, Helix Pedals the Helix sounds best. I would love to have a stand alone option. To save CPU on my a helix or fm9

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 2:08 PM, acousticglue said:

Less latency on pitch shifting

I think if they can figure out a way to do this, they probably will without us asking. Same with reducing DSP. The limits of hardware and modern tech are the key drivers here sadly. 

Just a tip that you may already know, the "tracking" option controls latency. Lower (X fast) for less latency but lower sound quality. Increase (X Stable) for more latency but better sound quality. 

• Upvote 1