Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Model Packs

titchyblackcat

well you might have to reauthorize the software in a backup or replacement scenario....

the model packs are always there... when you pay line6 they add the unlock to your account....

so you may have to connect in the future if the pod needs restored.... but typically not...

you can also install on 4 devices the same model packs so you can have your backup ready ahead of time.

• Upvote 1

Hi titcy

When you upgrade to v2.62 you get all packages in the software. The modelpacks are opened with a licens key, the one you buy for the model pack you whant. So when you buy the model pack for your device licens manager will keep track of you authorazation for you, stored at line 6 for your convience. You can use this licens code for up to 4 devices. You don't need to handle the licens codes, licence manager do that for you.

Back up then - what I know you can't back up the model packs, they are allready there, ther rest is licens handling with line 6 and your license manager. But you can back up your patches, recomended if you whant to keep your own during upgrade to 2.62.

Conclution - Line 6 made it easy for you -> upgrade to 2.62 -> Authorize your device -> Buy the license packs you whant, I did it through licence manager -> Check they are in -> play and have fun -> if you don't like them, money back in 30 days or go on enjoy them.

If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me...

Have fun //Per

so they are only new AMP models - not new patches ?

will there be any?

CUSTOMTONE patches - how will I know if a tone on there is using one of the add on amp models from one of the model packs?

thanx !

so they are only new AMP models - not new patches ?

will there be any?

CUSTOMTONE patches - how will I know if a tone on there is using one of the add on amp models from one of the model packs?

thanx !

There are some patches that came with the firmware update. Not with the model packs. 

Honestly, I doubt L6 will put out model pack patches, at least not in a significant amount. And that is simply because, I don't think that each original amp has a patch. 

I could be wrong on that. I know that there are some fx that do not have a demo patch. Why would they need to do a model pack patch? They have Customtone. Users can make their own. You can take an existing patch and change the amp to be one of the new ones. They are only demos. 

AND REALLY, that is all they are. Demo Patches. 

Use them to hear what the unit can do. What each effect can do. 

Then delete them all! 

As far as using CT --- 

the descriptions will tell you what amp models are being used. 

As of right now, I believe that CT lists them as digits. Not by name. 

FYI, if you download a patch using an add-on amp; you are not going to get the new amp in your machine. 

Here's a question i have for you guys: 

I downloaded --- and I don't remember where from, but I think from L6 --- onto my computer     

GuitarModelPacksCollectionGB2 

PackAttackforPODxtLive214.l6b 

PacksFanaticBundle214.l6b 

What are these, and how do I install them?