Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Clever, cool, and/or elegant stand solutions for Helix

rhildinger

I'm guessing there are some people on this forum who are using a stand with their floor-version Helix to make editing easier, at least until such time as the editor becomes available. I'm trying to come up with a solution that elevates the Helix and raises the back of the unit such that it is displayed at a 45-60 degree angle. I would love to hear about anyone else's setup that raises the Helix off the floor. Anyone care to share?

Hi,there is a stand I found here in Adelaide called the stage stand 0SS Mix-400 Mixer stand designed for you guessed it mixing stands but it happens that the helix fits perfectly and can be tilted and raised safely to any angle or height it also has lockable wheels and a pin for added safety here are some pics hope this is helpful post-585341-0-81980500-1458350364_thumb.jpegpost-585341-0-75939500-1458350408_thumb.jpeg

• 2 years later...

My son has a 3D printer. I asked him to prototype a Helix stand for my desk, and he came up with this.  He made the triangles narrow just to see if the angle was right, but while it may LOOK a little flimsy, it's plenty sturdy to hold the 15 pound Helix. And it won't tip over backwards unless you WANT to tip it over. He's making me another pair so I can have my mixer stand upright. 

I don't know if any of you have or have access to a 3D printer, but we'd be more than happy to send you the .stl (CAD drawing for you non 3D print guys like me) file.

IMG_20190218_192927354.jpg

IMG_20190218_192809855.jpg

IMG_20190218_192835741.jpg

Helix stand.jpg

Edited by jmendicino
added a fourth picture