Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I NEED HELP!

Izzy3

Hi, 

I just bought a line6 helix with version 1.07. I tried to install version 2.50 from line6 updater 1.12, but I get the error "Helix Firmware Update Failed". Now the helix appears with version 2.50 but it does not work, it appears as in the photo. I cant update to any version. What can I do?

I just bought a line6 helix with version 1.07. I tried to install version 2.50 from line6 updater 1.12, but I get the error "Helix Firmware Update Failed". Now the helix appears with version 2.50 but it does not work, it appears as in the photo. I can not update to any version. What I can do?

post-2689854-0-75645600-1519246172_thumb.jpg

Updater recognize helix as 2.50, but i think is crashed because is 2.50 rack and i have helix floor.

Yep! That’s definitely a floor model (big clue - you don’t get footswitches on the face of a rack unit)

If you have attempted to flash the Helix with the wrong Firmware update, you could try to fix it by downloading the correct version of the Firmware and Editor and have them ready to use. Reboot your Helix Floor model while holding down Footswitches 6 and 12. If this debugs your unit, you can proceed with the update using the correct software.

Try it - it isn’t going to make the situation any worse.

Hope this helps.

There are a whole bunch of options to help fix your Helix here:

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/helix/helixltfx-reset-procedures-and-troubleshootin-r768

Several people had this issue when update process failed on pre 2.30 firmware (Helix floor showing glitchy Helix Rack boot screen).

I can't remember how, but it can be fixed don't worry. Just contact support.

If there is an answer to this- please print it!  apparently there are a few folks who purchased previously loved helix's with original firmware.

I think contacting Line6 is a fine idea. Having run into this multiple times they can probably walk you through the recovery procedure to get this back onto a Floor version of the firmware. Short of getting Line6 support my suggestion would be the following. Can the Updater see your Helix? If so, download the latest 2.50 Flash(firmware) file for the Helix Floor version and the latest HX Edit 2.51 version. Install HX Edit 2.51, bring up the Line6 Updater and then use the manual firmware update procedure and point it to Floor version the Flash(firmware) file you just downloaded on your local machine. If that works you should be able to use your new Editor(2.51) and the Updater normally going forward. 

This may not be what happened in your case but I think one of the ways this occurs is that people try to do an update by downloading the Flash(firmware) file as described above. Again going forward you do not need to ever download a Flash(firmware) file in the normal upgrade process; instead download and install HX Edit. Some of the only reasons to download firmware directly are special circumstances like being seemingly being stuck on a rack version of the firmware such as happened here, a bad internet connection where you need to have the file locally for the duration of the upgrade, or for archiving processes.

The safest way to upgrade your firmware is always to download and install the version of HX Edit intended for your device and let it unpack the Updater, Editor, and driver for you. When you use the Updater from the HX Edit package it will automatically find the correct versions of the firmware for your device and allow you to select from them. Downloading a firmware file yourself is generally a bad idea and a recipe for inadvertently getting the wrong firmware version. Again, not saying that is what happened here but it is worth mentioning as I have seen so many posts from users who have done this.