Digital_Igloo

HX Stomp FAQ

The correct question maybe is:

I use Rockboard mod 1 v2 patchbox.

If I plug one TRS from LEFT out to my Rockboard Mod v2.

Can I use Mono or Stereo cable depending on each situation?

Must I changue something to use the trs to xlr?

Thanks again

Brand New to the stomp.  This could very well be due to my lack of know-how, but I was immediately surprised and frankly bummed by the loss of dynamic subtlety when going through the stomp.  It sounds almost eq'd and compressed in comparison to the analog signal.

I am still hoping to utilize a variety of effects, but switching to the analog bypass on the fly is going to be a must, and pressing the 2 buttons to do so is a real pain. 

I apologize for the noobiness of this, but is it possible to map the analog bypass to a footswitch?

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Verismo said:

It sounds almost eq'd and compressed in comparison to the analog signal.

Hi,

I use a Helix floor unit, but f I recall correctly, I read somewhere that you should try running it with the volume knob turned up to max for unity gain and that solves the “under a blanket” tone. Here is a quote that I found:

I disabled the volume for everything except the headphones out. This way I'm always at unity and don't have to worry about where the volume knob is.”

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Edited by datacommando
Quote added

Thank you, Datacommando. I had read and tried that already. It did help, some. But there is still quite a noticeable difference in the overall character of the sound, and to my ears, it's just less musical.  So I'm still trying to figure out if I can map the analog bypass to a footswitch.

8 hours ago, Verismo said:

Thank you, Datacommando. I had read and tried that already. It did help, some. But there is still quite a noticeable difference in the overall character of the sound, and to my ears, it's just less musical.  So I'm still trying to figure out if I can map the analog bypass to a footswitch.

Oh, well, it was worth a try.

As I mentioned earlier, I don’t have a Stomp, but my understanding is that, via the Command Centre, absolutely anything can be mapped to any footswitch on the unit. It probably gives some information it in the Owner’s Manual, may be worth checking in there.

EDIT: found this quote over on TGP, from Frank Ritchotte (Operations Director at YGG)

Does HX Stomp have true analog bypass?
Yes. You may choose either analog bypass or DSP bypass with trails. To bypass everything press the upper and lower knobs together (or assign a footswitch to All Bypass).

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/hx-stomp-tone-suck-and-other-fun-stuff.1995168/

8 hours ago, Verismo said:

check under global settings -> footswitches

you can set fs3 to all bypass if you're not using an external footswitch.

fs4 defaults to it it you are...

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Verismo said:

So I'm still trying to figure out if I can map the analog bypass to a footswitch.

As noted by “scrapperstoo” in the post above, Global Settings > Preferences > Bypass type (manual page 41):

When pressing the Upper and Lower knobs together (or a footswitch assigned to "All Bypass"), HX Stomp bypasses all blocks. There are two types of All Bypass in HX Stomp—Choose "Analog" if you want to your guitar's signal routed directly from the HX Stomp inputs to its outputs, with no processing or A/D/A conversion (also called "true bypass"). Choose "DSP" if you want delay echoes and reverb tails to decay naturally when HX Stomp is bypassed.

Hi, I use hx stomp as a sound card, but the signal on channels 1-2 comes very low to my daw Garageband.

Which parameters should I change to increase the input volume in the DAW. Thank you

16 hours ago, aurelio59 said:

Hi, I use hx stomp as a sound card, but the signal on channels 1-2 comes very low to my daw Garageband.

Which parameters should I change to increase the input volume in the DAW. Thank you

Hi,

To save me having to spend time typing out stuff, you may want to check this for clues.