Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any Rumor Of New Firmware In 2014?

It just occurred to me today that with the impending launch of their "new" amp product, I would imagine the various firmwares for the HD500 and possibly the JTV would need to be upgraded in order to accommodate the new gear. I am just guessing here, no basis in reality...

My JTV arrives tomorrow, so I am both excited and nervous - knowing going into it that the firmware issues exist, I am resigned to certain problems being dependent upon a future firmware update. Of all the issues, though the popping noise is a definite "bug", I was also really excited to use the acoustic models. However it seems they have sensitivity issues, and playing technique must be adjusted and/or substantial amounts of time must be exhausted editing the device with a computer...

Why Hasn't L6 Released a mpre reasonable amount of amp models for the HD series as now even HD X series is out and the only updates in one entire year regarding amp models added were the doom and epic models???.     In the X3 I have tons and tons of amp models to choose from.  What is going on with this anybody know??

It just occurred to me today that with the impending launch of their "new" amp product, I would imagine the various firmwares for the HD500 and possibly the JTV would need to be upgraded in order to accommodate the new gear. I am just guessing here, no basis in reality...

My JTV arrives tomorrow, so I am both excited and nervous - knowing going into it that the firmware issues exist, I am resigned to certain problems being dependent upon a future firmware update. Of all the issues, though the popping noise is a definite "bug", I was also really excited to use the acoustic models. However it seems they have sensitivity issues, and playing technique must be adjusted and/or substantial amounts of time must be exhausted editing the device with a computer...

I'm new to the party too...only had the JTV69 for a month or so. But I've logged many hours of playing during that time. I've found that most of the issues raised on the forum, including some initial problems I had, all boiled down to technique. Simply put, it's not a normal guitar...and as far as physical technique is concerned, some of the things that are second nature to anybody who's been playing for a lot of years may produce some odd sounds on this guitar, especially with the acoustic models.  Some might call these "bugs", but I'm not so sure that's a fair assessment. Quirks is a better word, because at least some of the problems that some folks are having, I do not consider "defects" as much as they are side-effects of the fact that the piezos are very sensitive. Any accidental string noises that would go unnoticed through a mag pickup are gonna stick out like a turd in a punchbowl on these guitars. If anything, it forces you to play cleaner.  Some issues I had with funky overtones on palm-muted strings, and the often lamented "boominess" of the acoustic models, I was able to make disappear with slight adjustments to how I approached playing the guitar physically. At this point, I can ellicit strange noises and get them to disappear at will. So a lot of these issues I think really boils down to the player.  Playing at all sloppy, or beating the daylights out of the strings, probably means you're gonna have issues. Just my $0.02...Your mileage may vary.

• Downvote 1

I agree on the technique thing!  I think the reason I was immediately happy with my JTV69S with 2.0 on it is that I have had a Variax 500 since they came out.   It too responds best to light playing technique and I had learned that over the years.  I really like my 699S!  It has improved my playing to lighten up too.  I play the acoustic models a lot and there it's critical.  It sounds like crap if you play it hard like you  can on a real acoustic guitar but it sounds great if you finesse it.

Yeah, but it is supposed to go the other way, the variax to be adjusted to everyone, not everyone to the variax.

Look, I'm not shilling for Line6, but I think you're asking a bit much. There isn't a single guitar on the planet that is 100% suited to anyone who touches it. That doesn't exist, and it never will. Guitarists are the pickiest/craziest people on earth.

• Upvote 1

Look, I'm not shilling for Line6, but I think you're asking a bit much. There isn't a single guitar on the planet that is 100% suited to anyone who touches it. That doesn't exist, and it never will. Guitarists are the pickiest/craziest people on earth.

Check variax 700 from 1st gen, play with fingers, pick, bottle neck, hard, light, moderate..It will be working awesomely...It was the other way around..

My point is, they read some praising from fanboys or happy users and then it comes to us like boomerang, decreasing the quality, playability etc.

Check variax 700 from 1st gen, play with fingers, pick, bottle neck, hard, light, moderate..It will be working awesomely...It was the other way around..

My point is, they read some praising from fanboys or happy users and then it comes to us like boomerang, decreasing the quality, playability etc.

OK...noted. Never played a 700, so I have nothing to compare the JTV to. Fanboy signing off.