Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native Snapshot Was solved!!!! Thanks!!!!

cachete1966

Hi.

I download the HELIX NATIVE trial version to evaluate if work or not for me, because I want to buy the HELIX STOMP.

I play Guitar and Keys and I need a Guitar FX unit with midi to control from the Kronos Sequencer: to change between the snapshots (SS) and different values in the blocks.

So, to try the  sound and the functionality  I try with HN (Helix Native) and guys........

This is a complete waste of time.!!!!!

My DAW is Cubase PRO last version.  

I create a new PATCH with only 6 blocks., like HN and using only 3 SS.

When you change the SS 1 to 2 or 3, the values are the same. Doesn't change!!  Sometimes one of the blocks bypass  on/off work... but that's it.!!

SO.... If the Helix Stomp work with the MIDI and values like the software, I DONT Want it..!!!

I make all the combination. Bypass SS, no bypass SS, Automation the SS  just the parameter,  save a new patch, close and open again... and NOTHING.  

IS COMPLETY RAMDOM.

Any advise..?

Im very disappointing with this functionality.  Not the sound.!!  

Thanks.!!!!

Edited by cachete1966
Was solved
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm sorry, but I'm not following what you're wanting to do. Can you provide a little more detail? If you want to change parameter values on a snapshot per snapshot basis, those values need to be assigned to the snapshot controller, just like on the hardware.

yes it sounds like your snapshot changes that you are trying to make are not being made on parameters after they are assigned to the Snapshots Controller setting.

Example

Preset - Marshall World  (Brit 2204 model, for example only purposes)

Snapshot 1 - Marshall Clean (gain on 1.5, all other parameters stock)

Snapshot 2 - Marshall Breakup (gain on 2.5, all other paremeters stock)

Snapshot 3 - Marshall Crunch (gain on 5.0, all other parameters stock)

Snapshot 4 - Marshall Rock (gain on 9.0, all other parameters stock)

As you make those changes from 1.5 - 9.0 if you do not set your Gain parameter to be attached to the snapshot controller, any changes you make are across the board for the preset.  Once you assign the parameter to the Snapshot controller, the changes you make will only affect the snapshot you are working in.  Same with the bypass states as well.  I sometimes get confused with the bypass one when I add a new block, but a quick run through of the snapshots its an easy fix.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:18 PM, cachete1966 said:

Any advise..?

Here's what it looks like when you assign the Snapshot Controller to a parameter:

Those will be the settings in Snapshot 1. Change to a different Snapshot to assign different values.

Just a thought - less vitriol and more PLEASE HELP........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1) Nice tag-team explanation by themetallikid and rd2rk

2) My noob interpretation is you should add the parameter to the snapshot, then tweak it.  Basically, build the tools you need in the snapshot and tweak them within the snapshot.

Please correct me if I am off-base.

2 hours ago, Lone_Poor_Boy said:

2) My noob interpretation is you should add the parameter to the snapshot, then tweak it.  Basically, build the tools you need in the snapshot and tweak them within the snapshot.

You add the controller to the Preset, then tweak it in the Snapshots. Be aware of the Global>Preferences setting of "Snapshot Edits". When I'm tweaking I set it to RECALL. That way I don't have to remember to SAVE between tweaks to different Snapshots. When I'm done I set it back to DISCARD.

• Like 1

Well, to be honest... I love the sound but I'm not happy with this software.!!

I need to uninstall permanent in my Mac.

Every time when I open the plugins (Cubase Pro, last version) The cubase is (NOT RESPONDING)

And I have months working 100% perfect with my computer.!!

That happened before, but  two or three times. (Helix Native)

Now again I have a couple (or more) hours (Wasted) trying to figure out the problem.!!

And finally I decide...No Helix for me.

At least this one, Native version.

The time will tell me if I will buy and line6 effect (hardware)

Sorry but.... I'm very disappointed ..!!

Bye

I don't want any answer about this or my another question about the Kronos Sequencer and the PODgo.

Im really disappointed with the reability of the brand.!!

• Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, cachete1966 said:

Every time when I open the plugins (Cubase Pro, last version) The cubase is (NOT RESPONDING)

That happened before, but  two or three times. (Helix Native)

Now again I have a couple (or more) hours (Wasted) trying to figure out the problem.!!

And finally I decide...No Helix for me.

At least this one, Native version.

The time will tell me if I will buy and line6 effect (hardware)

Sorry but.... I'm very disappointed ..!!

Bye

I don't want any answer about this or my another question about the Kronos Sequencer and the PODgo.

"Undecided" - Ella Fitzgerald

First you say you do
And then you don't
And then you say you will
And then you won't
You're undecided now
So what are you gonna do?
Now you want to play
And then it's no
And when you say you'll stay
That's when you go
You're undecided now
So what are you gonna do?

-----------------------------------------------------------

DUDE! Get over yourself!

Many thousands of people are happily using Helix Native EVERY DAY with MANY different DAWs.

Just because you can't figure out how to use it with YOUR DAW, and haven't got the patience to learn, don't bad mouth the product!

I personally use Helix Native with 3 different DAWs - Reaper, Cakewalk and Ableton LIVE.

I got no problems like you can't handle. You said we got it working for you, then you got PO'd and QUIT, so I'm not even sure what your problem is!

I had never used Snapshots in Native, took me 5 minutes to work out. It works JUST LIKE THE HARDWARE!

FWIW - I tried Cubase and thought it was the most un-intuitive, difficult to navigate POS I'd ever had the misfortune of wasting my time on.

Did you notice - nobody chimed in with "HI! I use Cubase, here's how you do it!"?

Not that Cubase is necessarily the problem, but it sure ISN'T Native! Let's see, what's that leave........?

So, kick back, have a beer, smoke a doob, and when you're ready, come on back and we'll fix it for ya!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, cachete1966 said:

It's likely because of the authorization method the Trial Version uses. I had similar issues with it in FLStudio on Windows. The full version never does this, FWIW. As for the 'brand reliability', your first problem was user error...

• Like 3