Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to power a Helix when busking

volcanotim

Does it really have to be a Helix for busking? You could get lots of other pretty decent devices with vastly more comfortable power requirements for pretty little money and run them from a stock powerbank. Would also massively reduce the size of the entire kit. And you might even save some money.

Edit: realized this was a "busking with a full helix" -- yikes.  Yeah, you need a larger battery.  

I don't busk, but I did want something that was self powered.  The drivers for the additional two pedals: 1) I wanted extra buttons (could have gotten an HX Stomp XL, but want to detach the stomp for travel)   2) wanted the tuner, because the HX Stomp tuner isn't good enough (while my Helix LT tuner is comparable to the StroboStomp HD, which I cannot fully rationalize).

PXL_20230318_232609544.thumb.jpg.5c2ecfbacc9fb1c165f79d6377bb00cf.jpg

It all runs on CIOKS 4; and if I want I can plug the whole thing into a USB-C cable to the wall.

PXL_20230319_000615822.thumb.jpg.b78d0b3d9fc78b5fb0e82cd03c8b72fd.jpg

edit: that's a Pedal Train Nano, and this lasts at least 5 hours on a full charge.

I got myself this thing a long time ago:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M3S00H0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's perfect for camping.  I was able to run my pedalboard / 30W amplifier for the entire rehearsal on it.  I was actually impressed with it.  The only thing there were ground loop issues with one specific pedal.  Helix should run with absolutely no issues on one/two of these.  Lots of options out there.

On 4/4/2023 at 6:14 PM, toddkc said:

I love how people keep responding and trying to be helpful but the OP can't be bothered to come back and chime in on their own post.

I once threw out a random comment like that - turns out the guy had a bereavement in the family!

Ya just never know.

• 2 weeks later...