Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expected new update on the Helix / LT?

Koelink76

Hi fellow Line 6 lovers,

i was just wondering if there's a place/way to find out if Line6 is working on a new update on the Helix/lt. if theres like a release strategy or if 3.60 was/is the last big update we would receive.

i googled it but that do anything for me. 

just sharing my thoughts here.

Line 6 does not provide advance notice of pending updates. Anything you may see here is speculation. Having said that, Line 6 has stated that there’s still lots of life in the Helix family of products. They are certainly working on the next firmware release, but what it will contain and when it will be released will remain a mystery until it is officially announced.

The standard answer to the “When is it coming?” question is ‘Soon”. You get to decide when soon is. Some people even allow themselves to get frustrated when their interpretation of ‘soon’ is not met.

• Like 1

Yes but it's a reasonable question, especially for a new forum user. Note that it's the first post by @Koelink76.  If he becomes a frequent visitor he will see it again, and again, and ...... he won't need to ask. But for him, right now, a very reasonable question.

On 11/14/2023 at 1:39 PM, Koelink76 said:

Hi fellow Line 6 lovers,

i was just wondering if there's a place/way to find out if Line6 is working on a new update on the Helix/lt. if theres like a release strategy or if 3.60 was/is the last big update we would receive.

Hi,

Interesting first post - the problem is there are no Line staff here and only very occasionally do they visit these forums - See the “sticky comment” in the black banner stripe at the top of this page entitled “Welcome to the Line 6 forums”.

Even if there was any Line 6 folks here they wouldn't say.

If you really want to know, (Line 6 never reveal what is in the pipeline) even though many do try to tease little bits of info from them.

Try checking over on The Gear Page.

This should get you on the right track:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/helix-4-0.2409602/page-21#post-37920052

Oooh! Look a comment from Digital_Igloo at post #416, where he says:

"Actually, there's one small thing to release before 3.70. It's not new hardware nor new firmware. No red herring or wink wink here—it's definitely minor... but helpful."

and for those "hopefully" anticipating 3.70 to drop in December he says:

"It was "hopefully before December," although we're still in the squashing bugs phase."

So that's the latest info from Digital_Igloo (Eric Klein, Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg | Córdoba | Guild) the man who knows. Then again even he doesn't really know until the package is ready to roll, or, if the plane is on the runway, and all the other waffle that has been spouted over the years about when the latest firmware will land. 

Yup - The Eternal Question - once again. Eternal Answer - yet again - SOON!

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 11:15 AM, datacommando said:

Oooh! Look a comment from Digital_Igloo at post #416, where he says:

"Actually, there's one small thing to release before 3.70. It's not new hardware nor new firmware. No red herring or wink wink here—it's definitely minor... but helpful."

Probably this.... new option under software on the downloads page.

image.thumb.png.bf4cc5da780aa7380889571151995eb5.png

On 11/15/2023 at 7:27 PM, codamedia said:

Probably this.... new option under software on the downloads page.

image.png

Yeah, that is exactly what I was hoping for, from the enigmatic comment that DI was hinting at.

Then when I spotted the new “Line 6 Monkey” was live, I posted this link earlier today.

This may be the end of “Update bricked my Helix” posts, etc.

Oh, joy!  but as we are constantly reminded in these threads - nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/14/2023 at 1:39 PM, Koelink76 said:

Hi fellow Line 6 lovers,

Well, there is this!

lol i must have some powers within me :D  or they listened to me that quickly :)

thanks for the replies! i do watch this forum on a regular base but didn't see any mentions.... yet :) and i'm still a noob regarding the helix so i am not on this forum since it came out. but now i know this is a repetitive / annoying question . so consider it a one timer :)

thanks for all the feedback and lets enjoy some feedback!

• Like 1