Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and Workbench

musicimpossible

Any word on the Helix replacing my Variax USB interface as the only communication device I own to use the Workbench? I have a TRS and USB cables coming out of the Variax and it is just a real hassle. Very cumbersome.

There's never advanced word of ANY product updates...just the way L6 operates. "It'll get here when it gets here" is the only definitive answer, unfortunately.

Not that it will help - just sent a message to Line6 and "begged" them to do this update. I can't see it at being a "Hardware" update do you? Some coding perhaps? Ideally, I just want to use my VDI cable into the Helix to access the IR's and the Workbench? I mentioned that I have had some folks in my studio and showed them what I was doing with the Helix / Workbench and my Variax. All amazed but shake their heads at the cable insanity. 

Not that it will help - just sent a message to Line6 and "begged" them to do this update. I can't see it at being a "Hardware" update do you? Some coding perhaps? Ideally, I just want to use my VDI cable into the Helix to access the IR's and the Workbench? I mentioned that I have had some folks in my studio and showed them what I was doing with the Helix / Workbench and my Variax. All amazed but shake their heads at the cable insanity. 

I know getting the Workbench HD/Helix functionality up and running is on their list (Digital Igloo has said so here). It's just a matter of resources. Getting it to work requires not only an update to the Helix, but to Workbench HD as well, and that's another team of people to get things coordinated with.

There's never advanced word of ANY product updates...just the way L6 operates. "It'll get here when it gets here" is the only definitive answer, unfortunately.

Pump and machine switched on...

I too wanna see Workbench HD work with Helix (and a tuner for the editor and etc etc etc). Said that the moment I purchased Helix a while ago.

And, thats on avg. correct history wise with L6, however with DI (and others) here there has been at least a little more info than there used to be, thats for SURE!

And just a little more info is always better than none, every time. (/Suction pump and Brown nose machine off).  :D

• Upvote 1

I'll just say that Phil's right—I really want Variax Workbench support, but it's not like turning on a pipe. There's no hardware limitation; we're talking firmware and software. We also want more robust L6 LINK implementation—everything's defined, it's just a matter of brute force work.

This forum is more of a place for operational/tech support, and now that some people have had Helix for a year or more, they're able to answer questions before I have a chance to. That's the main reason you don't see me post as often as I used to.

...not to beat a dead horse, but I needed to change some of my Variax settings while recording through my Helix last week, and by the time I located my Workbench dongle, ethernet cable, battery charger, and started recharging my Variax battery —  I decided to just go ahead and record with the settings I had. Total buzz kill.  :(