Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Screen Error - Need Help

Rifqi

The usual advice about backing up and refreshing the firmware or trying a global reset first. However, this looks like it could be a hardware issue. Don't know if the Helix uses ribbon cables but maybe something like a loose connection. I would contact Line6 support if a global reset or firmware reapplication does not help.

Coincidentally the problem happen after updating to 2.50. Been trying to reinstalled 2.50, rolled back, factory reset, etc but the problem still happen...

Return it to the shop today and they tell me it seems a hardware problem... Now I'm waiting for the replacement unit...

There is a some sort of mode with a moving block on the screen by holding switch 1 and powering on. The mode is interactive, but I'm not sure what it's for. There is also a diagnostic mode by holding 4&5 while powering on. This one tests the physical aspects of Helix.

Very interesting you're seeing a color bar test pattern there. So there is a color bar generator somewhere in one of the Helix's chips. I work in TV. I would be curious, are you hearing 1000Hz tone coming out of the unit? That would be VERY interesting.

I was going to say that it looks like some kind of test mode but brue58ski beat me to it.

There is a some sort of mode with a moving block on the screen by holding switch 1 and powering on. The mode is interactive, but I'm not sure what it's for. There is also a diagnostic mode by holding 4&5 while powering on. This one tests the physical aspects of Helix.

I'm also in the "shoulda mentioned that" camp. Some kind of test mode was the first thing I thought when I saw that screen but figured recommending a global reset and/or firmware refresh would take care of that. I am curious brue58ski, what is the significance of the 1000Hz tone?

Very interesting you're seeing a color bar test pattern there. So there is a color bar generator somewhere in one of the Helix's chips. I work in TV. I would be curious, are you hearing 1000Hz tone coming out of the unit? That would be VERY interesting.

Maybe SMPTE bars and tone will come with the next update.