Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and Helix LT Price Increase

JeremiahEdward

4 minutes ago, JeremiahEdward said:

Both went up by$100. Same issue Fractal Audio is having? (tariff)

So strange to see the price of a well established piece of gear go up with no improvememts or changes to the gear itself. 

Yep, it's because of the tariffs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JeremiahEdward said:

Nope. U.S. too. Check Zzounds, Musicians Friend, Amazon, etc...

I am still seeing the same price at SW, MF, and GC.  ZZ has a higher price for some reason.  Are you sure you aren't looking at the GC/MF sites where they show the Helix LT and Gig Bag combo?

On 10/1/2018 at 8:32 PM, JeremiahEdward said:

So strange to see the price of a well established piece of gear go up with no improvememts or changes to the gear itself. 

Could it be a currency change on the shopping car? Are you sure it's showing US Dollars?

Odd.

The price in Australia appears to have gone down.

I'm thinking of buying the LT, but a price drop usually means stock is running low and a new model is on its way.

Given it's been 18 months since the LT was announced, I wouldn't be surprised.

I'm assuming that the OP is coming from U.S.  Yes this is probably due to the new tariffs.  But it would be less than genuine of us in the U.S. to feel slighted since many other countries have been crying the blues for having to pay more than us for the same products for decades.  Sometimes even for products that are made in their own country.  Now maybe in the years to come things will 'segway' to the point that we  (U.S.) will be making our own stuff.

2 hours ago, JeremiahEdward said:

Don't get me wrong, I never said I felt slighted... I've just never seen the price go UP like that on a well established product. Strange days...

Also, I SWEAR MF, Amazon, and American Musical were selling at new prices last night!

Well I don't know what you were seeing yesterday, but I just went to the MF site 10 seconds ago...

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/search?sB=r&Ntt=helix

Helix + the backpack for $1499....so the backpack is free, and they're advertising a 15% off promo code at the top of the page. Seems like a good time to buy from MF...I'd post a screenshot, but I'm not sure if the powers that be would get cranky about that.

Same $1499 at GC and Sweetwater, but no free backpack:

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6/Helix-Multi-Effects-Guitar-Pedal.gc

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=Helix

I see it's $1599 at AMS, but they're also plugging "free 1-day shipping" on certain items, Helix being one of them. Seems the overnight shipping isn't quite "free" after all... round about a hundred bucks if my math is correct, lol. 

As for Amazon, you could spend a comical $2000 or more, if you want one from Japan... but then again Amazon's prices can be all over the map for lots of things. Some stuff yo-yo's up and down so much that if you leave things on the "save for later" list,  you'll get notifications every time prices change. So I don't consider them a good yard stick for much of anything...

40 minutes ago, cgar18 said:

well I dont know why zzsounds raised  helix and hd 500 https://www.zzounds.com/cat--Line-6--3508

All any of us can do is guess... but in these two cases at least, it smells a whole lot like they're inflating the regular price so the overnight shipping appears "free". They wouldn't be the first to do it... manipulating numbers to make the customer think he's getting a deal is Advertising 101. But alas, without an invite to the marketing department's quarterly meetings, we'll never know....

Either way, whether we blame tariffs or time-honored retail shenanigans, the point is there are still several places that are charging the same price as the day Helix was released... and at least one (MF) that's currently running the free backpack promo. This is why impulse buying from the first source you find is never a good idea... look around. You can often save a few bucks, or score a freebie. 

5 hours ago, JeremiahEdward said:

I noticed Zzounds even raised the price on their customer returned equipment. They had a returned helix that the price went up by $100. So strange. 

Not if your sales figures are tanking...no money, no business. Ask Gibson, lol

29 minutes ago, cgar18 said:

so I sent zzsounds a mesage asking why the helix is 100.00 more,and it was a website glitch i was told so its back to reg price.yaaay.https://www.zzounds.com/prodsearch?cat2=3508&cat=2625&pa=37&form=search

Lmao... well that should teach us. 

Translation: "Damn!... Your 'free' shipping idea sucks, Bob! They're figuring it out! Tell 'em it was a glitch..." 

Well at least it wasn't tariff-related...;)

This episode of Sinister Conspiracy has been brought to you by baseless speculation...;)

What should we all guess wildly at next?

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2018 at 2:34 PM, cruisinon2 said:

Well I don't know what you were seeing yesterday, but I just went to the MF site 10 seconds ago...

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/search?sB=r&Ntt=helix

Helix + the backpack for $1499....so the backpack is free, and they're advertising a 15% off promo code at the top of the page. Seems like a good time to buy from MF...I'd post a screenshot, but I'm not sure if the powers that be would get cranky about that.

Same $1499 at GC and Sweetwater, but no free backpack:

Has anyone successfully used a promo code on a brand new Helix?  I spent a year trying to get the lowest price and called both Sweet Water & MF during their 15% sales and each time they said that Line 6 wouldn't let them apply their discount to any Helix product.  I know almost every manufacturer is listed in the exclusions for those sales and usually if you call, the sales person will give it to you, but I never had any luck with the Helix. 

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, dmuccillo said:

I guess the message is clear... Vote Democrat! If gear prices start increasing all over the place then he'll definitely lose the musician vote. ;) 

Ah, the musician voting block... well-known for their ability to make it to the polls... :- )

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 11:29 PM, cruisinon2 said:

Lmao... well that should teach us. 

Translation: "Damn!... Your 'free' shipping idea sucks, Bob! They're figuring it out! Tell 'em it was a glitch..." 

Well at least it wasn't tariff-related...;)

This episode of Sinister Conspiracy has been brought to you by baseless speculation...;)

What should we all guess wildly at next?

The price is definitely $1599 at all major retail outlets. So the speculation can begin again! ; __(