Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

More Reverbs coming

spikey

8 hours ago, rd2rk said:

Yep, he said that. I saw it. DI said it. He said "More Reverbs coming..."!

We heard it there first (as usual)!

“More reverbs coming…” , but no date given (as usual) so therefore my guess is “soon”, which is DI’s usual response.

Many years back, I used visit a drinking den, where on the large mirror behind the bar was written the legend - “Free Beer Tomorrow!”

Everyone knows that yesterday’s tomorrow is simply today. Tomorrow never happens.

2 hours ago, datacommando said:

“More reverbs coming…” , but no date given (as usual) so therefore my guess is “soon”, which is DI’s usual response.

Many years back, I used visit a drinking den, where on the large mirror behind the bar was written the legend - “Free Beer Tomorrow!”

Everyone knows that yesterday’s tomorrow is simply today. Tomorrow never happens.

DI said (yep, on TGP) that isnt gonna happen this year, but probably early Q1 2022.

Im fine with that, since in January I should finally get my Glou Glou Loupe, so I will be busy enough ! :)

• Like 1

I've put a lot of time into finding out what the reverbs can do. I do think the parameter settings are rather critical, but there are some Helix reverbs that simply have no other equivalent. I even use them with Helix Native on instruments other than guitar.

4 hours ago, spaceatl said:

Will we perhaps get SPX-90

Still got the hardware version in the rack - preset 15 “Symphonic” is a total classic effect, and then preset 2 “Room Reverb” is nasty enough for snare drums.

I hope Yamaha let Line 6 take advantage of some of these gems.

2 hours ago, datacommando said:

Still got the hardware version in the rack - preset 15 “Symphonic” is a total classic effect, and then preset 2 “Room Reverb” is nasty enough for snare drums.

I hope Yamaha let Line 6 take advantage of some of these gems.

Yea, symphonic is a great one....less noisy on the 990...I still have my old 90 and my 990....Hard to beat that 12 bit BOOM Verbs and Gated Verbs on drums...About a month back, I actually put my old 990 into our little PA as dual mic preamps for Kick and Snare....I bought the 990 from a sound company at a gig somewhere in the northeastern US in late 1992 right when they hit....They had 5 of them and I was on tour as FOH engineer and needed one for my little mobile "In case the sound company's FX rack is a piece of crap" rack. I begged them for 2 of them, but they could only do one as they were really hard to get when they first hit...My travel rack was a 4 space SKB with a Furman AR-15, dbx quad comp, Effectron II 1024 and an SPX-90....the 990 replaced the 90....I have used the 990 for just about everything over the years...I don't pull out the old 90 as much anymore but I will never sell it or the 990...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hideout said:

Technically, yes. Although some would prefer to say, reverb is just multiples of echoes.  They do sound different hence the distinction.. 

That would be the mechanical distinction...technically, just an impulse response...