Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

my hx stomp sounds totally out of tune when i play notes past the ninth fret

edmellos

On 3/16/2023 at 4:04 AM, edmellos said:
my hx stomp sounds totally out of tune when I play notes after the ninth fret, for example: when I play the note B on the ninth fret, it sounds along with a C# note

Hi,

Nobody here can help with that unless you can supply an attachment of an example preset for testing purposes.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

On 17/03/2023 at 06:23, MayPRS said:

Isso soa como um problema relacionado à guitarra que foi "exagerado" por uma predefinição específica.

Isso ocorre em todos os presets?

Every presets, every guitars, not only on my HX stomp unit but I also identified the problem on other Helix units from friends (Helix LT, Floor and other HX stomp). I now believe it is a failure of the equipment

On 16/03/2023 at 21:39, DunedinDragon said:

Vou arriscar um palpite de que o OP tem um mau posicionamento em sua pestana e está ouvindo o tom adicional da vibração da corda acima da pestana.

It's not about the instrument, it's a problem with the Helix, it happens with all the instruments I plug in and it only happens with the Helix, I have other equipment that remain normal. Test your unit please and let me know if the same happens.

On 3/17/2023 at 1:46 PM, edmellos said:

Every presets, every guitars, not only on my HX stomp unit but I also identified the problem on other Helix units from friends (Helix LT, Floor and other HX stomp). I now believe it is a failure of the equipment

154 B · 0 downloads

Make sure that you're attaching a preset with the .hlx extension, .php doesn't get it!

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2023 at 7:46 PM, edmellos said:

Todas as predefinições, todas as guitarras, não apenas na minha unidade HX stomp, mas também identifiquei o problema em outras unidades Helix de amigos (Helix LT, Floor e outros HX stomp). Agora eu acredito que é uma falha do equipamento

154 B · 1 download

The file you attached is not the correct type, it is .php and it needs to be a .hlx file.

What you say about this also happening on friends Helix units is complete madness.

If this is correct, then I don’t understand why have they not posted here to report this problem, or complained directly to Line 6 Customer Support. 

Hope this helps/makes sense.

O arquivo que você anexou não é do tipo correto, é .php e precisa ser um arquivo .hlx.

O que você diz sobre isso também acontecendo nas unidades de amigos Helix é uma completa loucura.

Se isso estiver correto, então não entendo por que eles não postaram aqui para relatar esse problema ou reclamaram diretamente ao Suporte ao Cliente da Linha 6.

Espero que isso ajude/faça sentido.

On 3/17/2023 at 2:46 PM, edmellos said:

I now believe it is a failure of the equipment

With all due respect... you can't seem to figure out how to export & post a preset, you can't seem to post text on a forum like anyone else, yet we are to believe you figured out all Helix units are flawed based on your assessment? 

Since you say it happens with every preset, I'd like to hear an audio sample of the problem. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/18/2023 at 11:53 AM, codamedia said:

Since you say it happens with every preset, I'd like to hear an audio sample of the problem.

I think we all would like to hear sample of a preset, but what makes this even more weird is the OP states that this phenomenon occurs on his friends Helix LT, Helix Floor and a HX Stomp and every guitar they have tried. 

What? That’s totally insane, and I cannot even see how it could be possible, unless they all have screwed up the Firmware installation. Why are they all not banging on the door of Customer Service demanding a fix. 

If this happened on all 4 of those HX products, while using the same guitar, I could understand that, but otherwise this is borderline crazy.

On 3/18/2023 at 1:32 PM, datacommando said:

If this happened on all 4 of those HX products, while using the same guitar, I could understand that, but otherwise this is borderline crazy.

I think the last 4 words are onto something :) 

I have a hard time trusting what we are being told. If this is a legit problem the OP has, I highly doubt it has gone through accurate troubleshooting with multiple guitars and HX/Helix devices as we are told. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2023 at 12:45 PM, codamedia said:

I think the last 4 words are onto something :) 

I have a hard time trusting what we are being told. If this is a legit problem the OP has, I highly doubt it has gone through accurate troubleshooting with multiple guitars and HX/Helix devices as we are told. 

Furthermore, no swift response from the OP after requesting an audio sample.

My bet is this guy and his friends have all done a factory reset on their devices - never to be heard from again.

• Upvote 1

There is no any possible chance to a things like that to happen; a +2 semitones polyphonic pitch shifting, ONLY HAPPENING after 9th fret.

I wouldnt feed it, as the guy is probably laughing while lurking these answers. ;)

• Upvote 1