76 replies to this topic

#1 fremen

fremen

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:01 AM

I think I found a bug when using the Spank pickups : each time I store a model using two of those pickups in the "quack" position, one of them is shut down - it appears "on" in workbench, but is actually off. See for yourself :

Maybe it's the source of the issue some users, including me, have with 2.0 "quack" sound ?

#2 derek_32999

derek_32999

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:31 AM

Yes, the same problem on mine.  Did you already send a ticket in for this bug?

#3 derek_32999

derek_32999

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

Also having this problem when wiring a nashville style tele to have a middle pickup.  When I change models, or transfer to variax the pickups revert themselves to middle only it sounds like.

#4 Junis

Junis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

wow man, I think you found. happens to me exactly the same thing, even the pickup to be looking on if you click on it, and then switches off again, the sound changes completely. Any expert ever seen this? this is urgent

#5 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11099 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

Haven't noticed it, but don't doubt what you are seeing. I think anyone who observes this and feels it's important should open a support ticket. The more tickets about the same issue, the higher it will move up in the fix-priority chain.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#6 derek_32999

derek_32999

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

Geez, FWIW, there is a weird bug that when you move a neck pickup to where the bridge normally is, it changes its tab name for you in WB to bridge (hard to explain).

POTENTIAL TEMP FIX!#*#However, it seems that if you keep the bridge p/u where it is and turned off and move the neck p/u to the bridge spot (stack them) and treat it like a bridge p/u (i.e angle 10.7 and position 1.7), you can save your quacky settings! Swapping the bridge for the middle in the same manner seems to work for position 2 sounds.

Another weird thing I just noticed is that I can't hear a tonal difference when cycling through the Strats pickups. It seems that if the P/U is in the neck position it is going to sound like a neck p/u even if you use a "bridge" pickup.

#7 Junis

Junis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Just you leave the position and return to position 2 to 1 pickup is off already, even if it appears to be on

#8 derek_32999

derek_32999

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:14 AM

Try this to see if it will work for you guys.   You should be able to save it now. There is nowhere else to share, so I put it in my google drive.  Here is position 2 setting .

#9 Junis

Junis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

definitely this is the bug that has caused all this mess with the quack, do you open the ticket?

#10 derek_32999

derek_32999

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

I can't register my JTV for some reason, so I can't open a ticket.   :angry:

#11 CACHERA

CACHERA

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

Is this bug with the same variax (89 ?)

#12 guilhordas

guilhordas

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

Now there was a very strange bug, was trying to save the alterations in spank 2, and now the sound is gone in this position, this silent, even when I turn off the workbench the sound  this strat model 2 is mute. Anyone?

Jtv 69 , pod hd 500, suhr S3,prs custom 22, Gibson SG standard 96, fender plus strat 93

#13 fremen

fremen

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Should have said that I have a 89. Excuse my noobiness, but how do I open a ticket ? :)

#14 Junis

Junis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

Hi buddy, thanks for your discovery, we need to do something, it is really the bug that is causing all this confusion, it seems to me seriously, looks like a bug caused by the single coils, but it seems to me are not taking it very seriously, I I am also not able to open a ticket, what can we do?

I think I found a bug when using the Spank pickups : each time I store a model using two of those pickups in the "quack" position, one of them is shut down - it appears "on" in workbench, but is actually off. See for yourself :

Maybe it's the source of the issue some users, including me, have with 2.0 "quack" sound ?

#15 Junis

Junis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

I got the quack doing what you said, bringing the neck pickup to the bridge and treating it like bridge, in same-parameters

#16 stevekc

stevekc

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

how do I open a support ticket ?

Be sure you are logged in with your Line6 account,

http://line6.com/account/

then Go Here

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view

Then Click "[open new ticket]" in the Center top of page.

1377027805_2126603658_Line6_Support_Tick

#17 Junis

Junis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Anyone  opened the ticket?

#18 Inerzia

Inerzia

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

Happened to me too, but I reflashed until it was gone :D

Well, no, it wasn't gone...
I realized just half an hour ago when I started playing with spank 2 and WTF'd several times until I opened WB and saw what was happening.
So now, thanks to Derek, the quack is back!!

Edited by Inerzia, 21 August 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#19 Junis

Junis

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

you have reinstalled the update? continued the bug?

#20 fremen

fremen

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

I have reinstalled the firmware 4 or 5 times already, not sure I want to do this again as programming my custom tunings on the dedicated pot is a hassle... Later i'll try the workaround found by others but anyway this need a firmware update ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users