Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix discussion in other forum threads (links)

ColonelForbin

If you're like me - totally geeking out over the Helix, figuring out how to pay for it, and trying to pass the next two months in eager anticipation - then you might find yourself searching for expanded conversation and reading entertainment. I sure did. So, here ya go!! The Helix definitely caught people's attention, across the boards from Kemper to Fractal, Gear Page and on. :) Comment in any other links you stumble across; guessing there will be some more before the thing gets released, and tons more after!

Fractal Forum:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/100939-1500-bucks-you-say-line6.html

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/other-midi-controllers/101073-helix-controller-afx.html

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/100943-line-6-launches-ax8-like-modelling-processor.html

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/fx8-discussion/100956-line-6-helix.html

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/fx8-discussion/101087-helix-compatition-fx8.html

Kemper Forum:

http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/22060-Line-6-Helix-next-gen-guitarist-s-wet-dream/?pageNo=1

The Gear Page:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/line6-helix.1586637/

V-Guitar Forum:

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15254.0

GearSlutz Forum:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-alert/1013064-line6-helix.html

Misc. other forums / links:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/pedals/340317-line-6-helix.html

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/296288-new-line-6-product-helix.html

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1678842

CHEERS!!!!

• Upvote 2

Geez, that Elantric dude really HATES Line 6.  Completely destroys and marginalizes Helix off the ad and the "harsh, brittle"tones in the demo vid... totally laughable but I'm sure he is a legend in his own mind...

Actually i thought folks would take more interest in the 20% off helix Coupon here:

but hey - 

Quit complaining and DO something or help somebody with their issues...

• Upvote 1

Actually i thought folks would take more interest in the 20% off helix Coupon here:

Just read the fine print:

Products from the following manufacturers are excluded from this offer: 

3 Monkeys Amps, 3rd Power Amps, 65amps, A-Designs, ADAM Audio, Aguilar Amplification, Akai Professional, AKG, Alesis, Allen & Heath, Alto, Altus, Alvarez, American Audio, American DJ, Ampeg, Anderson, Antelope Audio, Antoine Courtois Paris, Aphex, Apogee, Apple, Armstrong, ART, Arturia, Audio-Technica, Audix, Auralex, Avalon, Avanti, Avid, AXL Azumi, B&S, b3 Guitars, Bach, Bad Cat Amps, BAM, Beat Kangz, Beats by Dre, Bedell, Behringer, Belkin, Benchmark, Benchmark Media Systems, Benedetto Guitars, Besson, Bixonic, Black Cat Pedals, Blackheart, Blackstar, Blue, Bogner, Bosch, BOSE, BOSS, Breedlove, Bricasti Design, Brio!, BSS Audio, Budda, Buffet Crampon, Bugera, Carl Martin, Casio, Cerwin-Vega, Chameleon Labs, Chandler Limited, Charvel, Chauvet, Cleartone Strings, Cloud, Conn, Cordoba, Crate, Crown Audio, Cusack Music, Daking Audio, Dangerous Music, DBX, ddrum, Dean, Death By Audio, Diamond Amplification, Diamond Guitar Pedals, Diezel, DigiTech, DIME Amplification, Disney by Washburn, DLS Effects, Drawmer, Duesenberg USA, Dunnett Classic Drums, DW Drums, EarthQuaker Devices, EBS, Eden Amps, Edirol, Elation, Electro-Harmonix, Electro-Voice, elysia, Emerson, EMG Pickups, Eminence, Emma Electronic, Empirical Labs, Empress Effects, Engl, Epiphone, ESP, Euphonix, Eventide, EVH, Evil Robot, F. Lorée Paris, Fano Guitars, Fargen Amplifcation, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, Fishman, Focal, Focusrite, Fox, Friedman Amplification, Fryette, Fuchs Audio Technology, Fulltone, Furman Sound, G7th, Gallien-Krueger, Galway, Gator, Gemeinhardt, Genz Benz, Getzen, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Gibson USA, Giffin Guitars, GNI Pedals, Godlyke, Gold Tone, Golden Age, Golden Age Project, Grace Design, Great Divide, Great River, Gretsch, Gretsch Drums, Gretsch Guitars, Guild, Guyatone, Hagstrom, Hans Hoyer, HAO, Harden Engineering, Harmon, Haynes, Hercules Stands, HHB, Hohner, Holton, Ibanez, ISP Technologies, J. Püchner, Jackson, JamHub, Jasmine by Takamine, JBL, Jet City Amplification, Jetter, JodyJazz, Jupiter, K&M, Kanstul, Kawai, Keeley Electronics, Keilwerth, Keith McMillen Instruments, Kemper, King, Koll Guitars, Korg, Kramer, KRK, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, Laney, Langevin, LeBlanc, Lexicon, Line 6, Lovepedal, LP, LsL Instruments, Ludwig, Luna Guitars, Mackie, Mad Professor, Malekko, Heavy Industry, Manley, Mapex, Markbass, Marshall, Martin, Martin-LeBlanc, Matchless Amps, M-Audio, Maxon, Meinl, Meinl-Weston, MESA/Boogie, Millennia, Miraphone, MIXOSAURUS, Mogami, Mojave Audio, Moog, Morgan, MOTU, Music Man, MusicXPC, Neumann, Neve, Nord, Novation, NS Design, N-Tune, Numark, Olympus, On-Stage Stands, Option 5, Orange Amplifiers, Ortofon, Ovation, P. Mauriat, Paiste, Parker Guitars, PDP, Pearl, Peavey, Pelonis Sound and Acoustics, Perri's, Phonic, Pigtronix, Pioneer, Powell, Prelude by Conn-Selmer, PreSonus, Pro-Ject, Propellerhead, PRS, Purple Audio, QSC, Radial Engineering, Rainsong, Randall, Rane, Reunion Blues, Rickenbacker, Rivera, RME, Roc-n-Soc, RØDE Microphones, Roland, Royer, Rupert, Sabian, Sample Logic, Schecter Guitar Research, Scherzer, Schilke, Schreiber, Schroeder, Schroeder Guitars, Selmer, Selmer Paris, Sennheiser, Serato, Shure, SKB, SM Pro Audio, Softube, Soldano, Solid State Logic, Sonare, SONiVOX Soul, Soundcraft, Splawn, Squier, Stanton, Steinberg, Steinberger, Stephanhöuser, Sterling by Music Man, Summit Audio, Sweet Sound Electronic, SWR, Takamine, Tama, Tapco, TASCAM, Taylor, TDK, Tech 21, TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik, Thermionic Culture, Toadworks, Tobias, Toca, Tone King, Tortuga, Traveler Guitar, Traynor, T-Rex Engineering, True Systems, TUBE-TECH, Two-Rock Amplifcaction, Ultimate Support, Universal Audio, Vestax, Violet Audio, Vito, VMI, Voodoo Lab, VOX, Waldorf, Wampler, Warwick (Rockbag, Rockbass, RockCase, RockStand), Washburn, Weber Speakers, Western Digital, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, Yamaha Band & Orchestra, Yanagisawa, Zildjian, Zoom, Z. Vex.

What kind of sale is that?

When I tried using the code I got this message:

"The qualifying item(s) in your cart do not meet the minimum threshold of $99.00 for the promotion code you entered. Your promotion code has been added, but will not apply to your cart until you meet the specified minimum threshold above."

I did a chat:

Me: I get "The qualifying item(s) in your cart do not meet the minimum threshold of $99.00 for the promotion
code you entered. Your promotion code has been added, but will not apply to your cart until you meet the specified minimum
threshold above." when trying to preorder the Line6 Helix selling for 1,499.99.
Elijah, Ext. 2142: Interesting. The Helix should be eligible. If the site is giving you issues, Try calling into our sales
department so an agent can place the order and add the coupon manually.
Me: Does wwbw ship free and not charge tax like many other sites?
Elijah, Ext. 2142: We do offer free shipping, and Tax may or may not be applicable depending on which state your in.
Me: North Carolina
Elijah, Ext. 2142: I don't believe we tax there.
Me: Do you have the number to call the sales department? And their hours of operation? Or should I just check
the website?
Elijah, Ext. 2142: Our number is 800 348 5003 .
Me: Thank you Elijah. I will call tomorrow morning. Have a great evening.

$300 off the $1,500 price is sweeeeeet. Thanks fo rthe heads up on this stevekc. You're the man!

P.S. - The code is SUMMER20W

Upon closer inspection of the ad, it says to use the code and call 800-852-1851.
Edited by CipherHost

Correct - if you use the phone to place your order they will honor the discount code.

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15254.msg108996#msg108996

Elijah, Ext. 2142: That's quite odd. The item is above the minimum threshold. If you do call in they'll be able to place the order for you with the coupon manually.

Geez, that Elantric dude really HATES Line 6.  Completely destroys and marginalizes Helix off the ad and the "harsh, brittle"tones in the demo vid... totally laughable but I'm sure he is a legend in his own mind...

Defo he has a hearing problem if he thinks that boss is better than line 6...

the FAS boys are losing their minds over there...  can't believe there is the slightest possibility of Helix competing with their beloved Axe FX... lol

I think they're mostly ex Line 6 users that for some reason got angry with Line 6 once (maybe 10 years ago), so now that's on their "black list". Luckily enough I think the majority of them left out without creating a forum death thread...

The Gear Page thread is up to page 60! Overall, the majority of the comments in the various discussions seem positive, and excited. There are always going to be a few curmudgeonly types anywhere ya go. Major props to Digital Igloo for the non-L6 forum presence, way to go!! :)

Cliff is up in arms lol. He really sounds on the defensive.

"We have the best tones ever, and if it's you know, features and options you want, then I guess you could buy Helix. I've never heard it, but I can guarantee we are waaaay better. "

Ok, I paraphrased, but his posts are really funny.

Cliff is up in arms lol. He really sounds on the defensive.

"We have the best tones ever, and if it's you know, features and options you want, then I guess you could buy Helix. I've never heard it, but I can guarantee we are waaaay better. "

Ok, I paraphrased, but his posts are really funny.

Do you know Cliff's username on the Fractal site? I just want to read his actual posts.

They always are...

Although I have to say, the tones in that video didn't do anything for me, and I would have no use for them...however, to conclude that the unit is worthless based on one guy's 3 minutes of noodling, is rather stupid. I've seen videos with some nasty tones coming from the POD that I wouldn't want to use either...didn't stop me from buying one.

• Upvote 1

Guarantee you this is the same sort of guy who repeatedly got into the "my Dad can kick your Dad's a$$" argument at recess...

Maybe, but I have found certain personality traits come with the territory when one is at his level in business.

probably he is having many sleepless nights :wub: :P :rolleyes:

Probably. I'm sure it is why he is where he is.

I just listened to your "Another Brick In The Wall II Solo". Excellent nico!

Thanks!

Hello Gents :)

1st post here. I'm in on a Helix pre-order.

Because it's all about the bass. I started a thread here http://www.talkbass.com/threads/line-6-helix.1158235

Not much action there yet. A few more bass friendly amps and cabs would bring some fire for sure.

Anyway, looking forward to getting the Helix for both guitar and bass and whatever else I can run through the mic pre.

Cheers,

TJ

• Upvote 1

Looks like that wanker Romeo Rose is just another media wh@re, looking for some semblance of his "15 Minutes of Fame". He's been on Howard Stern and all that jazz. Sincerely doubt he gives two sh!t's about Fractal or Line6, or music in general. His web page "Sleepless in Austin" says 'Can you help me find the girl of my dreams?'. Embarrassing like a drunk clown dressed up as Santa on Easter.

Just to be clear: I love Line6 and I also think Fractal makes stellar gear too! Same for Kemper.

There is no way Cliff and Fractal got such an awesome reputation and rabid fanbase by offering horrible customer service. This guy Romeo Rose is a delusional, attention seeking, as$-hat.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/101098-romeo-rose-libel-slander-against-fas.html

https://youtu.be/suXXUti2kik

http://sleeplessinaustin.atxmirrors.info/

Hello Gents :)

1st post here. I'm in on a Helix pre-order.

Because it's all about the bass. I started a thread here http://www.talkbass.com/threads/line-6-helix.1158235

Not much action there yet. A few more bass friendly amps and cabs would bring some fire for sure.

Anyway, looking forward to getting the Helix for both guitar and bass and whatever else I can run through the mic pre.

Cheers,

TJ

Yeah, this thing is gonna be killer for bass! Especially being able to do some cool wet / dry stuff. 

Geez, that Elantric dude really HATES Line 6. Completely destroys and marginalizes Helix off the ad and the "harsh, brittle"tones in the demo vid... totally laughable but I'm sure he is a legend in his own mind...

Just to be clear and fair it was actually Frankster that said that in that particular thread. Elantric has been posting good stuff about the Helix.

As to bass stuff, I'd love to see an HX Marshall Super Bass model and I'd be happy.

It surprises me that anyone can make any judgements on a system we have barely heard. The sounds are the most important thing to me and from the 2 videos Ive heard no way can I get a good idea of the sonic capabilities of the Helix.

• Upvote 1

Actually Steve is a very knowledgeable and experienced player and a brilliant musical gear wizard. He has a lot of guitar modeling wisdom to offer. The Vguitarforums site is a treasure trove of knowledge for a variety of guitar gear from various manufacturers. Although it is a little more Roland/Boss VG/GR centric, it deals with instrument & amp modeling in general. You guys should spend some time perusing the site if you don't already. You will find a lot of general guitar gear knowledge, some great and helpful forum members, and a lot of info & patches for Line 6 gear (JTV, Workbench).

He is being a little critical of the Sweetwater Helix vid, but he’s entitled to his opinion, and the sound quality and the tones featured in that video weren’t exactly outstanding, or the best the Helix has to offer (hopefully!).

• Upvote 1

Actually Steve is a very knowledgeable and experienced player and a brilliant musical gear wizard.

If I misstated on Elantric I apologize... maybe I misread the tone of his posts...

I didn't mean to start any board wars that's for sure.  I was just surprised at the overall level of vehemence against Line 6 and some of the absurd negative posts about L6 gear in general and Helix in particular on the other boards. 

Some of us on this board are pretty enthusiastic about our gear but nowhere near the fanboy status of many of those Fractal users... 

• Upvote 1

I was just surprised at the overall level of vehemence against Line 6 and some of the absurd negative posts about L6 gear in general and Helix in particular on the other boards. 

Well just goes to show how human prejudice works. The thing's not even out yet and people are dissing it. Even if it was the best thing on the planet they would still diss it, so nothing really to be gained from these kind of views. I actually left the Gearslutz forum because there's one wanker on there who's full of his own self-importance (and beard) and you couldn't have one conversation about Line 6 (or any tech past valve amps) without him sticking his oar in. It just got boring after a while.

This place is pretty fair I think and allows other views than just fanboyism as long as you're polite and not trolling. I'm glad I can't afford an Axe FX because I wouldn't want to hang out on those forums.

• Upvote 2

radatats,

Didn't mean to get down on you, I just had to point out that Steve is not a forum troll. He was being critical of Line 6 modeling tone, but he has his reasons for preferring other choices. He does great work @  vguitarforums and when he express an opinion on something, I listen because he knows what he’s talking about.

Hopefully when the sound clips for the Helix start coming out, they're impressive and people that aren't fans of Line 6 modeling will find something they like.

Well just goes to show how human prejudice works. The thing's not even out yet and people are dissing it. Even if it was the best thing on the planet they would still diss it, so nothing really to be gained from these kind of views. I actually left the Gearslutz forum because there's one wanker on there who's full of his own self-importance (and beard) and you couldn't have one conversation about Line 6 (or any tech past valve amps) without him sticking his oar in. It just got boring after a while.

This place is pretty fair I think and allows other views than just fanboyism as long as you're polite and not trolling. I'm glad I can't afford an Axe FX because I wouldn't want to hang out on those forums.

I agree - some of the "fanboyism" and "tribalism" that gets exhibited on some of these forums gets pretty tiring to read.  I have to admit that I've engaged in it myself on occasion - just human nature I guess. I don't begrudge people having a contrary opinion, as long as it doesn't get abusive and out of hand. Nothing's as annoying as weeding through 30 posts in a row with 2 guys having a pissing match over opinions about tone, or which amp or effects box is better. We are all after the same goals more or less, we just get to them in different ways, and have different tastes in sound.

Tone is pretty subjective, and one person's "dream tone" may have the next guy covering his ears and grimacing.

meh... I re-read the posts and while I shouldn't have made it personal, for which I apologized, he has no love for Line 6 products and makes no effort to hide that.  How anyone can say Helix is a tone bust based off the two videos out there I don't get.  Yet bought a Kemper based off a couple crappy YouTube vids...  oh well, as CipherHost said, in my own defense I was Evil back then... lol

• Upvote 1

meh... I re-read the posts and while I shouldn't have made it personal, for which I apologized, he has no love for Line 6 products and makes no effort to hide that.  How anyone can say Helix is a tone bust based off the two videos out there I don't get.  Yet bought a Kemper based off a couple crappy YouTube vids...  oh well, as CipherHost said, in my own defense I was Evil back then... lol

yeah. that's right! I forgot, your rep 'good' number was briefly at '666' recently! Onward and upward, to 777 :)

I think he just wanted some extra leverage to bend that neck.

I wonder how heavy that is.

It goes to 11! Actually, cat is out of the bag, that's the new Romeo Rose Signature Variax, designed to ensure subluxation in your neck, back, and guarantee repeated visits to the chiropractor. On the plus side, it doubles as a battle axe for Rennaisance Faire reineactments

• Upvote 1

It goes to 11! Actually, cat is out of the bag, that's the new Romeo Rose Signature Variax, designed to ensure subluxation in your neck, back, and guarantee repeated visits to the chiropractor. On the plus side, it doubles as a battle axe for Rennaisance Faire reineactments

That's funny and a little psychic there Colonel. I teach now but I used to be a chiropractor. I never did a reenactment, but I did sit around a camp fire and play acoustic at a Civil War reenactment a friend of mine did when we were about 19 years old. (Twilight Zone theme here)

• Upvote 1

This guy is disturbing. Part of me thinks it is a marketing stunt because, if I were Cliff, I'd have this guy prosecuted for slander (unless it is true) or at least get a restraining order. Parts actually made me laugh, but the thing as a whole is pretty extreme for the inclusion of an effects pedal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIjTgnNcV8k

This guy is disturbing. Part of me thinks it is a marketing stunt because, if I was Cliff, I'd have this guy prosecuted for slander (unless it is true) or at least get a restraining order. Parts actually made me laugh, but the thing as a whole is pretty extreme for the inclusion of an effects pedal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIjTgnNcV8k

Even more bizarre, are the before and after photos of his teeth....

"Before"..

realteefs1.png?w=615&h=461

"After"...

roro.png