Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix/HX 3.15 Update

Digital_Igloo

On 6/12/2022 at 11:34 AM, jalifid11 said:

So I'm having an issue with the current build... I performed the update as instructed on my Helix floor.. Did the factory reset after the install... Reinstalled my back up , and now the unit freezes when I change patches (not snapshots, once I'm in the patch I'm fine).  When I leave the patch and choose another one further down or up in the bank, the entire unit freezes, and I have to power cycle to get the unit functioning again.  It's happened to me several times now.. I even went through the entire process of updating again, reinstalling the back up, and the unit still freezes when I change patches... Help...

Did you get this problem resolved?

I may be having a similar issue. And this is on Helix #2 (3.15), purchased 5 months ago. I've used it a few times without incident and then today at soundcheck it froze and I had to reboot. My older Helix, purchased 6 years ago and now permanently stationed on our tour bus, seems fine after the last servicing. I think it's still at 3.11.

When that has happened to me, the patch that you switch to that the Helix freezes on is corrupted. to confirm this is the issue, after you reboot, go to a different patch if the Helix hasn't already, save the patch that may be corrupted, copy an empty patch and paste it in where the "corrupted" patch is. If everything works normally, the patch was the issue. Don't put it back in the Helix.

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2022 at 5:26 AM, yaarthe7 said:

I'm really leaning towards the idea that they're about to replace the DD-4 here soon. They said they had some new hardware coming out soon that would tie into new Helix stuff they were releasing, so this is really fitting that bill.

Keep leaning in that direction and you will fall over!

Guess when you mention "the DD-4", what you real meant was the Line 6 DL4, iconic delay modeller.

You must have missed it's re-launch back in March 2022 as the new DL4 MkII unit.

Here's the updated version.

Oh, and here is a five star review.

https://www.guitarworld.com/reviews/line-6-dl4-mkii-delay-modeler-review

Hope this helps/makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...

HX Stomp XL stuck 3.02, yet following all the steps

- HX Edit version 3.15 AND Line 6 Updater

- backup

- USB cable straight into laptop

- rebooting cycle holding C+D

=> but the device stays on 3.02

What do i do wrong? (I had no issue updating the HX Stomp to 3.15, but cannot seem to do the same with the XL)

Thanks for suggestions!

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2022 at 12:30 PM, brue58ski said:

When that has happened to me, the patch that you switch to that the Helix freezes on is corrupted. to confirm this is the issue, after you reboot, go to a different patch if the Helix hasn't already, save the patch that may be corrupted, copy an empty patch and paste it in where the "corrupted" patch is. If everything works normally, the patch was the issue. Don't put it back in the Helix.

Try rebuilding the patch from scratch.

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t know whether to post this over in the “bugs” section or file a ticket for it, So I’ll post here first.

I’ve got the Helix floor version and updated the unit to 3.15.  I went through the suggested loading process [backup, load update, factory reset, then load from backup].

And now, after I’ve reloaded from backup, when switching presets, the unit now freezes up, and I have to turn off the unit, and on again for it to become responsive.  Then switching presets again, it freezes up.  Now this only happens when I’ve reloaded presets that I’ve made on my own, and not the factory installed ones.  This was not happening in the previous version, everything was working great…

Has anyone else had this happen to them?  If so, how did you get it fixed?

Thanks in advance….

On 10/10/2022 at 9:46 AM, jalifid11 said:

Then switching presets again, it freezes up.  Now this only happens when I’ve reloaded presets that I’ve made on my own, and not the factory installed ones.

Hi,

Generally when users have reported a situation where their unit freezes, as yours appears to be doing, the most likely culprit is a corrupted preset.

The usual guidance for when your Helix starts to behave in an odd way, perform a Factory Reset which should clear any software glitch. See attached options below.

From your comment, “this only happens when I’ve reloaded presets that I’ve made on my own, and not the factory installed ones.”, it would lead me to believe that you have the issue I mentioned about a corrupt preset.

After every Firmware Update, when you restart your unit it usually goes through a “Rebuilding Presets” routine and you can see that displayed on screen. This is also should happen if you load any older presets, either your own, or others from CustomTone for example. Older presets need to be upgraded to the latest format in order to operate correctly with the new software.

Ensure you have a backup of all your presets and then perform a regular factory reset. If there is still a problem restart your Helix while holding down FS10 & 11. If you still encounter weird behaviour, re-install the latest firmaware.

Reset Options

Helix Floor/LT

Button Combination

Description

LED light Fun

3 & 4

Test Mode

5 & 6

Global reset

7 & 8

Reset setlists to factory, Keep IRs

8 & 9

Reset setlists to factory, Clear IRs

9 & 10

Reset setlists to factory, Global reset, Clear IRs

10 & 11

Upgrades existing presets to latest format

11 & 12

Clear current preset

5 & 12

Clear setlists, clear IRs, Return system settings to default

6 & 12

Safe boot mode

To use Reset Options:

• Power off the Helix
  • Hold the desired button combination
  • Power on the Helix
  • Release the button combination

Please note: Buttons are numbered from top left to bottom right.

Also, see the reply above posted July 25th from “brue58ski”

Edited by datacommando
Added comment

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone who uses Cakewalk as their DAW - Please not that once you have updated to v3.5 you it is likely will not be able to use cakewalk. I'm not the only one who has experienced this. Just get blue spinning wheel of death. However, if I switch back to using my POD PRO then it is business as usual. Have reported to support - awaiting response.

On 11/5/2022 at 8:44 AM, jrkendrew said:

Anyone else not getting the new cab-mic placement view on HX Edit? I'm using a Stomp and have updated everything including the HX Edit and it's still sliders instead of the new mic and cab placement...

Are you actually using the new cab block? The legacy cabs won’t show the graphics - only the new ones.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2022 at 11:27 AM, Dimaension_X said:

How soon before these effects are applied in an update to the POD Go? It seems that once a Helix update happens, a POD GO update occurs in about a month or so.  I'm mainly interested in seeing the POD Go update will add the Sunn Model T amp sim and the Life Pedal sim.

The only true answer is unknown. I haven't seen anything about it. This does not in any way mean it won't happen. Just that Line 6 tends to be pretty closed mouth about things. I totally understand why but it would be nice to get a little more "inside" info.

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2023 at 3:08 AM, Smedder said:

Hello, I just bought a used helix rack from guitar center and the firmware version is 1.10.0. can this be updated straight to the newest firmware version or do I have to go back and download every version update?

Hi,

There was major change to the Helix Core engine at Firmware v2.80. This can look as if the update has failed around halfway way through, but follow the notes and you should be fine.

I would suggest that you read the Release notes for version 2.80 and follow the updating instructions to the letter before progressing to version 3.0, v.3.01 and finally to 3.50. That should patch any potential bugs by missing out on any of the serious revisions of the firmware.

This is always handy to have around should things go screwy.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Обновление Helix 3.15 включает в себя новый усилитель, десять совершенно новых эффектов и 18 дополнительных эффектов Legacy: Line 6 Ventoux — оригинальный усилитель с уникальным дизайном усиления и управления. Ampeg® Opto Comp – на основе компрессора Ampeg Octo Comp.

vanced