Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod X3 Live OSX Yosemite

maxjstep

I just upgraded to OSX Yosemite yesterday from Mavericks. Today I thought I would work on a project in Pro Tools, so I turned on my audio interface (Pod X3 Live) and my computer crashed. It got stuck in a looping crash where it would reboot, crash, reboot, crash indefinitely. I turned off my Pod and the crashing stopped. 

I then tried booting up monkey to check for updates, and the monkey icon started bouncing up in down in my dock without opening. I then realized there might be a Yosemite update for monkey itself, so I looked online and found it. I downloaded the monkey yosemite update, and it said it would overwrite the previous version, so I downloaded it without uninstalling the previous version. I still have the same problem, so I uninstalled everything Line 6 off of my computer and tried reinstalling Monkey again, and still have the same problem.

I would really like to work on my project in pro tools right now but I can't without my Pod. Any suggestions on what I should do? I realize Yosemite was just released to the public yesterday and there are bound to be some bugs, but are there any fixes in the meantime? 

The POD X3 is a discontinued product. I don't know whether Line 6 is planning to keep updating the drivers indefinitely. At some point driver updates will stop. Is this that point? I don't know.

I went back and checked the page I installed Monkey on, and the Pod X3 Live was listed under compatible devices with the Yosemite update. I just went into License manager, which said my computer was not authorized, and authorized it. I also uninstalled all Line 6 drivers off of my computer and tried a fresh reinstall of monkey, and the Monkey icon still bounces up and down in my dock without opening. I'm not sure what else to try here.

If it is any help, I installed Monkey version 1.68 on an early 2013 retina macbook pro running OSX 10.10

I have the same problem after updating to Yosemite. I have deleted all the previous drivers, downloaded the new and the computer crashes hard at bouts or if I switch the Pod x3 on while the computer is running. I removed all drivers, powered on the X3 & did not get a crash. I presume this is driver related. 

I have the same problem after updating to Yosemite. I have deleted all the previous drivers, downloaded the new and the computer crashes hard at bouts or if I switch the Pod x3 on while the computer is running. I removed all drivers, powered on the X3 & did not get a crash. I presume this is driver related. 

I just tried turning on the POD after uninstalling the drivers and my computer isnt crashing anymore as well.

Are you guys able to open Monkey on Yosemite? I want to check if there are updated drivers for the POD but I don't know any other way than through Monkey.

I just tried turning on the POD after uninstalling the drivers and my computer isnt crashing anymore as well.

Are you guys able to open Monkey on Yosemite? I want to check if there are updated drivers for the POD but I don't know any other way than through Monkey.

After unistalling the drivers my imac boot without problem. Monkey running on yosemite fine for me and appears that the latest driver is 7.3.6. If I install the drivers and tied to power on my ux8 immediately my mac crashes down. 

We're sorry about the trouble you all are experiencing. Our engineering and QA teams are investigating and hope to have a fix soon.

In the meantime, we may need additional info from you to try to replicate the issues and find the root cause. Here is some feedback about that from our QA team:

The key thing is getting versions of the driver and Monkey customers are using.  Please also ask people if they did a clean update to Yosemite or if they updated from Mavericks or something older. 

One thing to try:  There are some driver versions which would have worked on older OS versions, but won’t work on Yosemite.  Try having customers completely uninstall all Line 6 drivers, then reinstall only the latest driver.

I will update this thread with any meaningful information as I get it. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Latest version of Monkey and drivers.

I tried uninstalling everything few times... as soon as I reinstall the latest driver I can't connect my Pod X3 Live to my iMac that I immediately have a kernel panic.

We're sorry about the trouble you all are experiencing. Our engineering and QA teams are investigating and hope to have a fix soon.

In the meantime, we may need additional info from you to try to replicate the issues and find the root cause. Here is some feedback about that from our QA team:

The key thing is getting versions of the driver and Monkey customers are using.  Please also ask people if they did a clean update to Yosemite or if they updated from Mavericks or something older. 

One thing to try:  There are some driver versions which would have worked on older OS versions, but won’t work on Yosemite.  Try having customers completely uninstall all Line 6 drivers, then reinstall only the latest driver.

I will update this thread with any meaningful information as I get it. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

I made a clean Yosemite update, erased all the previous line 6 drivers, downloaded the latest version of money and drivers from the line 6 site and nothing changed, my mac still crashes every time i plug the pod x3 live in  :(

Equipo: Macbook Pro Yosemite

Interface: POD X3 Live

Hola a todos.

Tengo el mismo problema, actualice mi Macbook Pro de Mavericks a Yosemite, desinstale los anteriores de controladores de Line 6 (Monkey, Lincensed Manager, Pod Farm 2.56), reinicie mi equipo, decargue e instale el nuevo software de Lie 6 aplicable para Yosemite, sin embargo cuando ejecuto Line & Monkey y conecto el POD X3 Live a la MacbookPro, para que reconozca la interface, mi Macbook Pro se bloquea, se pasma y se reinicia varias veces, por lo que no puedo instalar los nuevos drivers al POD X3 Live. De hecho tengo que desconectar el POD X3 Live para que la Mabook Pro se reinice normal.

Espero Line 6 corrija este problema lo antes posible.

Saludos a todos.

Monkey 1.68 still will not launch for me. last I checked, I had all of the most recent drivers for the pod x3 live before I deleted them. I also updated to Yosemite from Mavericks. I don't remember what the OS was called before Mavericks, but that was the initial OS my computer came installed with. I have a early 2013 MacBook pro retina with 8gb of ram and Intel i7 processor.

It looks like nobody else is having trouble launching monkey. Could it be because I swapped out the stock Samsung ssd for a larger one made by transcend? I'm not having trouble launching anything else after updating to Yosemite, but that aftermarket ssd is the only thing I can think of which sets my Mac apart from everybody else's, and might be causing this problem. I'm going to try installing monkey on the original ssd, which is in an enclosure and connected to my MacBook via usb 3.0 when I get home and see if I can open it then.

After uninstalling the line 6 drivers, my computer no longer crashes when the pod is connected, so I'm guessing this is certainly driver related

Same issues on a MacBookPro 2009 and a MacBookPro 2012 with Yosemite, POD X3 Pro and POD X3.

@Line6 : after updating and correcting the USB issues, please get us an update for Gearbox.

A POD X3 or Pro is pretty useless without software like Gearbox !

I updated from Mavericks (10.9) to Yosemite (10.10) on a Macbook Pro 2009 with a Samsung SSD.

The notification I get is:

Line 6 Monkey can not be installed on this drive. This software requires Mac OS X 10.5 or above.

My guess is that 10.10 in an alphabetic field compared to 10.5 in an alphabetic field is considered a lower value.

you have an older version of monkey... you need the latest....

i installed the latest though... and it won't launch.

i'm certain there will be a new latest shortly. :)

I updated from Mavericks (10.9) to Yosemite (10.10) on a Macbook Pro 2009 with a Samsung SSD.

The notification I get is:

Line 6 Monkey can not be installed on this drive. This software requires Mac OS X 10.5 or above.

My guess is that 10.10 in an alphabetic field compared to 10.5 in an alphabetic field is considered a lower value.

I updated my MacBook Pro Retina (2012) from Mavericks to Yosemite. I'm also using POD X3 PRO and I meet the same looping crashes problems. Crashes stop when I turn off the POD. I tried to reinstall everything but without any success.

I agree with Bevanhoeck that Gearbox needs to work again to keep those Pods useful...

Same problem here. I updated from Mavericks to Yosemite on an early 2008 iMac and installed the newest monkey/driver.

Monkey does not start, keeps jumping in the dock.

When the driver is installed and the X3 is connected, I get a kernel panic and the mac crashes. In the panic log one of the first entries showed coreaudio.

With no driver installed and X3 connected or driver installed and X3 not connected the mac works fine. 

I hope you'll find a solution soon.

you have an older version of monkey... you need the latest....

i installed the latest though... and it won't launch.

i'm certain there will be a new latest shortly. :)

I don't think I have an older version of Monkey. It says Version 1.68, This version of Line 6 Monkey adds support for OS X Yosemite.

But I'll wait patiently...

the error you're getting was common when people tried to install the older version in the Yosemite beta...

so was just a guess... not sure what's going on there then.

I don't think I have an older version of Monkey. It says Version 1.68, This version of Line 6 Monkey adds support for OS X Yosemite.

But I'll wait patiently...

Line6 are you really think that we're going to buy new Line6 devices that will stop functioning in 5 years? 

You must not be serious... right ? I can't really believe it that Line6 does not give a damn about so many people that are using POD X3s (also many are still using POD 2) and let buggy drivers crash their computers, including mine...

I can't believe that I can't record or listen at all to any music right now... It must be a joke ! 

Should people sell their cars after 5 years because car industries discontinue car parts, or their printers because companies sell no inks ? I can't really get it, so If anyone does, please shed a little light... 

• Upvote 2

Relax, they are working on an updating the software...

noone said that they were not going to address the issue.

Line6 are you really think that we're going to buy new Line6 devices that will stop functioning in 5 years? 

You must not be serious... right ? I can't really believe it that Line6 does not give a damn about so many people that are using POD X3s (also many are still using POD 2) and let buggy drivers crash their computers, including mine...

I can't believe that I can't record or listen at all to any music right now... It must be a joke ! 

Should people sell their cars after 5 years because car industries discontinue car parts, or their printers because companies sell no inks ? I can't really get it, so If anyone does, please shed a little light... 

• Downvote 1

Relax, they are working on an updating the software...

noone said that they were not going to address the issue.

When ? In the afterlife ? Apple released Yosemite for developers some months before the official release for some reason. 

At least they should have mentioned that X3 does not work with the new MAC OS. The only option I have right now is to do a cold shower and pray for the unknown date of the drivers release... IF there's gonna be any.. This is truly unacceptable, whatever you say.

• Upvote 1

I have the same issue on a MB Air updated to Yosemite from Mavericks but running a POD HD PRO (so don't feel bad, it's not just your old X3 (which I also own an X3 Pro as well). This won't be very good for my demo of the POD on Sunday. No previous drivers or Line6 software was present before installing all the latest stuff.

On the upside, POD HD Pro Edit works just fine.

Latest Monkey: v1.68

Latest Drivers

Latest HD Pro Edit

Latest Workbench HD

• Upvote 1

Same problem here.

If pod X3 is on, crash loop. Gone if i uninstall the kext audio driver.

If I plug the usb cable in while the mac is on = kernel panic and start shutting down.

I just want to use the x3 as a pod farm dongle.

imac 3.4ghz i7 Yosemite 

• Upvote 1

The monkey app was the latest version from Line6, and the driver was the latest available from the Monkey app, onto a brand spankin', unmigrated install of Yosemite (build 14A389) onto a brand spankin' iMac. Installed the driver, had crashes on powering off the POD X3, shutdown loops, any attempt to edit the Audio/MIDI setting in Apple's app. I'd get a newer, more compatible POD--Line6 has been GREAT to me--but the X3 appears to be the only one with multiple outputs. I spit one out wet and one dry into Logic for an instant overdub, printing effects to tape AND editing in software.

This has killed my project. Help. 

• Upvote 1

Same problem here. Updated to Yosemite, Monkey says there is an update. If I try to run the Installer, it cannot install. "MacOsX must be higher than 10.5" - actually it is 10.10. Maybe Monkey looks after System number and finds 10.1 because only the first figure behind the dot ist recognized.

I found this Tutorial: Change Mac OS X System Version back down from Yosemite to Mavericks, but I didn't try it, because many people report a crashing system afterwards.

I have the same issue that everyone is experiencing.  I am running an iMac from 2009 and using the POD X3 as my interface for recording guitars and bass onto Logic X.  Ever since upgrading to Yosemite every time I power down the POD X3 my computer crashes.  I've upgraded the driver as well Monkey.  HELP!  I have a recording deadline!

Same problem here. Updated to Yosemite, Monkey says there is an update. If I try to run the Installer, it cannot install. "MacOsX must be higher than 10.5" - actually it is 10.10. Maybe Monkey looks after System number and finds 10.1 because only the first figure behind the dot ist recognized.

I found this Tutorial: Change Mac OS X System Version back down from Yosemite to Mavericks, but I didn't try it, because many people report a crashing system afterwards.

That seems like a terrible fix, even if it did fix the monkey problem, it would likely wreck havoc across a lot of your programs and even the system as a whole. Not worth it in my opinion.

I'm surprised there's no word from line 6 regarding this problem yet, as it is probably affecting every x3 user who connects to their macs with Yosemite. According to another poster, it is even affecting pod HD users. Although MacBook speakers are great laptop speakers, I would never use them to mix. I need my pod to play audio through my monitors. If this is not fixed soon, I will need to buy a new interface, and I can assure you it won't be made by line 6. I've had my eye on the HD series for awhile, but if they don't work with macs anymore, I can't use them.

• Upvote 2

M-Audio's firewire series devices are in the same boat.  They don't crash the mac but the m-audio control panel in non-functional.

It amazes me how companies can wait until folks start screaming to get up to date.  It seems this could have easily been avoided with a little forethought. 

It just leaves a sour taste having to do without a critical piece of gear while waiting for software updates that should have been developed months before.  I did abandon M-audio for a Behringer x32 and this experience with line 6 has me looking at alternatives as well.  I hate to even think about it because I have been using pods for many years and have been very happy.  I have a Variax as well and the integration of the two is perfect for my needs.  This is not a show stopper for me at the moment because I do not use my X3 as an audio interface but I do hope the fix is imminent for the times that I need Gearbox.

• Upvote 1

so can someone tell me whats going on with this? I have Yosemite, turning my POD on causes my Mac to crash and it goes into a loop of starting and crashing and so on as above. Has this been sorted out? I uninstalled my driver and installed the latest one (which says it works with Yosemite) but yet the same thing keeps happening! I am losing work because of this! Are you going to compensate me Line 6? I downloaded and installed Version 7.3.6 Released 10/14/14 which states: This version adds support for OS X Yosemite. OS: Mac OS X, Mac OS Snow Leopard, Mac OS Lion, Mac OS Mountain Lion, Mac OS Mavericks, Mac OS Yosemite

IT DOESN'T!!! Someone help me out here please!

• Upvote 1