Leftzilla

HX Edit will not open

Hey an odd one.  Updated HX Edit to 3.0, Helix floor updated, but now for whatever reason HX Edit won't execute or open.  When I hit "open" thinks a couple of seconds and that's it.  I have reinstalled and reflashed the Floor unit twice.  Floor says 3.0 when booting up but HX Edit will still not open on my laptop.  Windows 10

2 minutes ago, Leftzilla said:

Hey an odd one.  Updated HX Edit to 3.0, Helix floor updated, but now for whatever reason HX Edit won't execute or open.  When I hit "open" thinks a couple of seconds and that's it.  I have reinstalled and reflashed the Floor unit twice.  Floor says 3.0 when booting up but HX Edit will still not open on my laptop.  Windows 10

Did you download HX Edit 3.0 and make a back up your presets before installing the firmware?

Check that your HX Edit is the correct version.

Hope this helps.

Yes it was updated from the download, and the executable is from 11/17/2020.  Since it will not open how do I check the version?  And yes I backed up with HX 2.92

I'm having the same issue on Win 10. I've deleted HX Edit and any drivers three times (with restarts) and tried reinstalling from fresh downloads of the exe but nothing. It doesn't even get to any start screen. Managed the firmware update to 3.0 on my stomp just fine. 

I am having the same problem. Latest version downloaded, and install seems to go ok, but nothing happens when I run hx edit. I'm on windows 8. Never had a problem with an update before. Tried several times, re-downloaded, re-booted etc.

Yes did all of that, something must have happened during the install, what I don't know.  However I was able toinstall on another laptop without problems.  Thanks for the help!

same here. I did  the update to Floor and all went fine. Previously I was on 2.81, I backed up what I needed to, then updated to HX Edit 3.00.

Once installed, on 2 doifferent Laptops (one Lenovo and one HP) if I connect Helix and run HX Edit 3.00 it doesn't work  (on both). As a comparison, HXEdit2.81 worked flawlessly on both.

I reinstalled a million times HXEdit, restarted, and all the rest but nothing... Please help me because I have to restore my backups.

DO I have to reupdate also Helix?

thanks a lot

Luca

maybe that's the case:

if so, just remove sd card, or perhaps any external usb drive too, and then try to run the HX Edit :)

• Upvote 1

I just know that Line-6 checked that OS before 3.0 release so what's the common denominator here?

Okay, it looks like due to me having a large SD card in my machine it somehow interfered with HX Edit.  When I remove the SD card and reinstalled it lit right up.  The update to the helix itself was not the problem, so right mow everything is looking good.  Thanks everybody for the input

Just to confirm removing my SD card also meant I could get it installed and working. 

However, when I put the SD card back in it stops working again. Will keep it out for now, but unsure why this is an issue (wasn't with 2.92). Thanks for the help. 

I didn't have an SD card in, but did have several external hard drives connected. Disconnected everything and HX Edit worked. Still working today, even with everything re-connected. Fingers crossed. 

6 hours ago, Boltthrower666 said:

For macs, the download link is not working correctly. You try to download the hx edit 3.0 update but it only gives you version 2.92. wtf

I think this is something weird that happens with Macs. Try deleting the old 2.92 installation file before downloading the 3.0 file.

Interesting... HX Edit 3.0 will not start on my Windows 10 laptop with my SD card inserted.   If I remove it, it starts just fine (then I can reinsert the card back into the slot with no issues).

If I close HX Edit, I need to remove the SD card again to restart the app.

Same for me on a Surface. I've taken the SD out for now but haven't had this problem before. 

5 hours ago, trinitypc said:

Interesting... HX Edit 3.0 will not start on my Windows 10 laptop with my SD card inserted.   If I remove it, it starts just fine (then I can reinsert the card back into the slot with no issues).

If I close HX Edit, I need to remove the SD card again to restart the app.

Hi,

There is a whole thread about this SD card issue messing with HX Edit and also HX Native.

https://line6.com/support/topic/49342-hx-edit-281-and-helix-native-starting-with-with-a-blank-screen-and-crash/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-355919

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Hi

same problem: firmware Helix 3.0 works fine. HX Edit 3.0 installed, rebooted 3-4 times. when i hit open it nothing happens. Reinstalled Edit 2.92 which works but of course doens´t have the new features. Windows 10

I am having the same problem.  I have not been able to get HX Edit 3.0 to work.   I have tried everything.  I use Windows 10.  I reinstalled Edit 2.92 and it works fine.  I have been in touch with Line 6 support and they tried to help; but to no avail.  I tried using two different laptops.  There is clearly a bug in HX Edit 3.0 involving Windows 10.

I am not sure what to tell you as my problem was due to an SD card being present on one of my laptops.  When I removed/unseated  it and reinstalled HX Edit works fine.  Do you have any peripherals, such as SD cards or USB drives on your laptop?

my helix floor was updated to—day to 3.01, but my Helix edit version 3.0

(the latest available download) will not start on Win 10. tried the above

countermeasures to no effect. also cannot uninstall this from Win10

via the uninstaller program.

what is the current countermeasure for this ?

versions previous to this worked with no

such issues...

~S~

addendum—

having read the earlier postings of this issue from version 2.72 up,

i realized that since version 2.70 worked fine that the —build— of

Win 10 is the issue. the build version i had was 1903 (pro).

i updated to build 20H2 and now Helix Edit functions

as expected. prolly will work with build 2004 as well.

hope this note helps for those seeking

an effective fix for this, the developers

are assuming "all" Win —build— versions

are up to date—

not just those "mandatory"

updates folks are most

familiar with...

Seranaea happy now :)

s jones

Edited by Seranaea
updated condition